Dr. Henry Mata Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Henry Mata Jr?

Posted on August 22nd, 2016

Good dr, takes time to listen to you

Scam?

Posted on May 20th, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Mata for years. He has changed dramatically. During my last yearly exam, he spent less than 10 minutes with me. After leaving, the nurse informed me of the test he had scheduled. He had not ordered a mammogram. When I told the nurse, she checked with him and told me that I needed a pap smear first. I am 64, have not female organs left, and haven't needed a pap smear for a mammogram in years. He has always ordered them in the past. When she insisted on a pap smear, I agreed, only to be told that I would have to make another appointment for this. I asked to speak to the doctor. After waiting 45 minutes in the exam room, I was told that I would need to make an appointment to talk to him. Dr. Mata did order an ultra sound on my thyroid. I have had this done for years to monitor small nodules on my thyroid. At the ultrasound, the tech remarked that she didn't know why I was there since she saw nothing. A few days later, Mata's nurse called me and said a needed a nuclear test on my thyroid. I asked why since the tech saw nothing. She got huffy and said I had had a goiter for 2 years (no one had informed me of this before) and that this test was extremely necessary. I called St. Luke's Sugarland hospital for an appointment and was told the estimated charges were $350.00. The day of the appointment, they took me to a finance cubicle where I was again told the estimate was $350 and I would need to pay whatever my insurance did not. I was make to sign a paper stating this. A few days later, Mata's nurse called with the results - no goiter, no nodules! I told her that I had been told I had a goiter and asked to speak to Mata. She said she would relay the message. Next day, she calls and says Mata said I had no goiter or nodules. I said that wasn't the point - that I was told to take this test because I DID have a goiter. Again, I asked to speak to Mata, but was told I would need to make an appointment. A few weeks later I get the bill from St. Luke's. It was over $1000.00! I called billing and said I was told an estimate of $350.00. They said they had "no record" of this and that I would have to pay since I had signed the paper. This has GREATLY compromised my trust in the medical community. I am in good health, but now I will question any test that doctor's want because I will not know if I truly need them and how much they actually will cost. I feel that Mata and St. Luke's must be in partnership to bilk unsuspecting patients into having unnecessary test.

JHattox

Posted on January 22nd, 2014

I love Dr. Mata and his staff. A doctor's staff and really affect your visit. Dr. Mata staff has been with him a long time and that is why they work so well together. Dr. Mata always spends time with me, explains things to me and listens to me. I hate to recommend you to him because he will get to busy, but he is the best full family doctor around.

Posted on January 12th, 2012

Great. Took the time to answer all of my questions. Would highly recommend to anyone seeking a general physician.

The best

Posted on February 9th, 2011

Dr Mata is a wonderful Doctor and very caring.

Dr Mata in my opinion........

Posted on November 4th, 2009

The first time I visited the office was by checking Doctors in an area. I called the ofc. and was able to get in the same day. Same for all follow-up appointments. He spends time with his patients and always speaks in layman's terms so you understand what you need to know. Precriptions and follow-up visits are not a problem and the staff has always been professional with me. I recommend him.

wonderful

Posted on October 14th, 2009

Entire family has been seeing Dr Mata for several years now. Have always been treated well and in a timely fashion. He and his staff always follow up when needed and they have ALWAYS made my children feel comfortable at visits. They now have an in house lab that makes things much easier.

Think before you choose Dr. Mata as your doctor

Posted on March 6th, 2009

First visit was great he sold us. Consecutive visits were rushed, and the diagnosis was poor at best. Staff was very rude and acted inconvienced when contacted for patient needs, i.e. prescription renewals, follow-up appointments. Dr. Mata markets himself as being very proactive in his patient care, and follow-up. NOT in our case. VERY disappointed. We will NOT go back.

Posted on November 3rd, 2016