Dr. Henry Moreta, MD
Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 2nd, 2015

Two hours before being seen and then reprimanded by techie who said we should have known he is always behind. BP high. He comes in doesn't want to know recent bouts of illness. Asks what BP was as techie hadn't loaded it. When mentioned that a 2 hour wait showed disrespect for patients, he replied that talking about it would only take up more time. I seriously doubt he was even in the building during the wait time. He is ARROGANT!

educate yourselves show details educate yourselves
by Amy on Jun 5th, 2015

I was extremely ill for a year with some very serious and debilitating symptoms; many of them neurological in nature. In ten months I consulted with four neurologists; one of them being from this practice. Each time I got nowhere, and kept getting sicker. One neurologist from another practice told me I have anxiety. Sorry, but only a PCP who really knows his patients, or a licensed mental health professional, is qualified to diagnose a patient with anxiety. It turns out that Lyme Disease can cause anxiety attacks and panic disorders in people who have no previous history of such (particularly if the disease evolves into neuroborreliosis), and it takes a very astute and meticulous medical professional to be able to recognize the difference. Another neurologist tried to tell me I had spinal stenosis. Another neurologist told me it was a viral infection that would eventually run its course. It turned out that a paramedic, of all people, suggested I be evaluated for Lyme Disease, after I practically passed out in the street. Two months and a highly-reputable and qualified Lyme Disease specialist later, well what do you know: Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia - all tick-borne infections which materialize into dangerous, debilitating, and oftentimes permanent neurological impairments. I find it worrisome and questionable that Lyme and its co-infections cause serious neurological problems for so many people, yet so many physicians, neurologists included, are clueless when it comes to these diseases. One of the things I have learned is that Lyme Disease can alter the way your body reacts to certain medications, which is one of the many mysterious things that was making me so ill, since I take medications for other conditions. I think neurology practices, particularly a practice as large and sought-after as this one, should greatly expand their research of Lyme Disease, and become more astute and sensitive in recognizing the sometimes minor, seemingly unrelated and seemingly insignificant signs and symptoms of it. You could save a life. Or two. PS - the Lyme ELISA is USELESS, because I had three done in less than a year, and they all came back negative. My Western Blot through Quest came back negative as well.

Two-Two and a half hour waiting for an appt. show details Two-Two and a half hour waiting for an appt.
by Patient on Mar 20th, 2014

Every appointment is a two to a two and a half hour wait. This was three separate occasions. At least they could call you at home and give you a chance to re-schedule.