Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Helped change my life. show details Helped change my life.
by Dave on Dec 22nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Mulder for about 20 years. I really find the negative reviews hard to accept. I suffered with depression and alcoholism. During the years I have lied to him and been angry with him. At the same time I was lying to myself and those I love. But I kept going to Dr Mulder and he was always supportive and never judgmental. I continue to see him to prevent relapse but I now have had many years of sobriety without depression. Things do not change over night. You are not seeking treatment for a cold and you are not always going to like what you hear. I do not believe I would have the life I have today without Dr Mulder and if I could give him more than 5 stars I would.

Sad experience show details Sad experience
Nov 25th, 2014

The way Dr Mulder explained his bad reviews away (on his information page) made me laugh! His ego is so great that he can quickly explain away his negative reviews as the patients fault. Our family had experience with Dr Mulder. Fortunately we quickly recognized his lack of caring and moved on to a Physician who really cared about our issues and was willing to spend time and work with us. As a parent of a teen or young adult I would give a big WARNING. Be careful with using Dr Mulder without monitoring what he is prescribing. Dr Mulder insisted that my son continue using a medication that was clearly not helping, in fact it was making things worse. We began to wonder if there was a connection between Dr Mulder and the Pharmaceutical Company.

Doctor's overall performance show details Doctor's overall performance
by Tim H. on Sep 17th, 2014

He is a kind, competent healer. He is always on time and of good humor. I would recommend him to anyone who has mental health needs.

A very conscientious doctor... show details A very conscientious doctor...
by Victoria on Aug 28th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mulder for over 15 years. He has worked with me adjusting my medications so that I can live a normal life. He is willing to try new meds if they may be beneficial, but he will not just give out medications if they are not appropriate. I will continue to see him as long as he is in practice.

by Jennifer on Aug 27th, 2014

I would be dead, literally, if it weren't for Dr. Mulder. He is not a pill pusher and he does not try to scam you or your insurance company. He personally directs your medications regimen to augment your psychotherapy. It would be difficult to find a more learned psychiatrist. I will happily, willingly, thankfully continue to see him regularly.

Jul 7th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is a fantastic psychiatrist. He helped me as I was going through a very rough time in my life. Yes, he does prescribe medication readily, but he was very thorough and persistent with his follow-ups to make sure I had the right medications at the right dosages so as to not over-medicate or cause severe side effects. As my condition improved over time and I wasn't as filled with anxiety, he lowered my dosages even. Overall, it has truly been a great experience with Dr. Mulder, and the experience has helped improve my life quite dramatically.

Lifesaver show details Lifesaver
Jun 1st, 2014

Depression runs in my family, and I've had it since I was a child. I'm 71 now, and after a lifetime of seeking answers and help, I have been w/Dr. Henry Mulder for nearly 15 years. He's been absolutely wonderful in helping me deal with this. He's really helped me turn my life around, especially when it came to my dealing with family members. I see him once a month for psychotherapy and appreciate his integrity, professionalism and easy manner. I should mention patience, too. When I first started with him, it took a while for us to find the right medication... we did, and now I live a normal, fruitful life.

Being a patient of Dr. Mulder show details Being a patient of Dr. Mulder
May 16th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is extremely knowledgeable, diagnosed my problem within 15 minutes, and gave excellent advice. He is personable and pleasant. I have recommended him to others and am happy to do so.

May 14th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Mulder has been the most positive that I have had in many years. After 30 years of medications that didn't work and my PCP just changing them, to see if they work. I went to Dr. Mulder and he has given me a life that I never knew was possible. I am on the "right medication", also having weekly therapy to cover some other issues in my life. Being misdiagnosed for over 30 years had been difficult, however, I am now living the life I never knew was possible and actually HAPPY for the first time in decades. I highly recommend this office and Dr. Mulder. My experinces have all been extremely positive.

Highly Recommend! show details Highly Recommend!
May 6th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff are the most helpful, caring, respectful, knowledgeable people/practice I have ever been to. Dr. Mulder listens to me and takes the extra time to make sure my medications are working for me and helping me with living life. Dr. Mulder has helped my PTSD, depression and panic disorder for many years now. Dr. Mulder is the best Psychiatrist I have ever met. I highly recommend Dr. Mulder. I have my life, my hope and my faith back because of Dr. Henry J. Mulder.

Apr 24th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff run the most caring and efficient practice I have ever been to. I know that I can schedule my appointment close to when I start my job. I have never been late to work. In addition, Dr. Mulder has experience and I have faith that he is making the right choices for me based on my personal responses to medication and therapy sessions. I actually find myself eagerly awaiting my weekly sessions as I know I will grow in a new way from the session. When I was having metabolism issues with my medicine (my body hyper-metabolizes medications) he was not judgmental. I must admit that if I did not have the trust/treatment that Dr. Mulder worked with me to generate at our sessions, I would have been obsessed with worry about communicating this issue. I was headed down a downward spiral and his diagnosis has helped me to turn that spiral into a staircase I can traverse without impulsiveness, with focus, and without worry about where that next stair branches off to.

Apr 24th, 2014

Dr. Mulder knows his stuff show details Dr. Mulder knows his stuff
Apr 23rd, 2014

Working with Dr. Mulder is great. He knows so much about different treatments for depression, even when it's long-term and difficult to treat. He suggested treatment that was new and experimental, and it worked great for me. He listened to my suggestions for medications, and carefully followed up for side effects. I still see him on a regular basis, and I've recommended him to friends - they see him, too.

I would urge you to avoid Dr. Mulder show details I would urge you to avoid Dr. Mulder
Dec 5th, 2013

I'm sorry to say that I couldn't agree more with the previous, and vastly negative comments of Dr. Mulder by other patients.

Sep 26th, 2013

I came to the appointment expecting sympathy and some attempt to help me with depression. He showed no compassion at all and gave me a prescription that even after insurance coverage would be over $ 200 if I had been mentally disabled enough to pay for it. Without insurance it would be over $800. He is sucking money out of the accounts of people that can least afford his mental abuse!

Do not recommend this doctor show details Do not recommend this doctor
by sharon smith on Jun 6th, 2013

This doctor does not appear to care, only to quickly moving you in and out of his office with a perscription. Lately he's been seeing patients via video (with camera, and him on a screen) from his cozy little vacation home in AZ. After 10 minutes, I am cut off mid sentence, and told "thank you, you'll find the door on the right" until I shut up and leave the room. Very rude, with little to no empathy.

May 5th, 2013

Completely incompetent. I have never given a review on a doctor but he should not be practicing medicine. No follow up for therapy. Didn't listen. Increased doses when there were major side effects including extreme vertigo. I will be looking into filing a formal complaint.

Moral agenda interferes with practice show details Moral agenda interferes with practice
Sep 11th, 2012

I feel this doctor was judgmental during his assessment of my situation and reason for contacting his office. it came out clearly in his comments and a review of my file history.

Not Good show details Not Good
Dec 22nd, 2011

Doctor was aloof came accross as condescending. Didn't listen to me or involve me in care planning or include therapist in the plan. Only goal was to prescribe medication and get me out the door, meeting was much less than alotted time. Did not pass on notes to therapist even when requested. Medication approach was wrong, and did not give me information to contact if issues arose.

A very quiet physician show details A very quiet physician
Feb 23rd, 2011

I feel that Dr. Mulder is a very private person and thus a very quiet Dr. I think he uses medications quicker than looking at other options. In my 30 years of seeing psychiatrists I feel that there are very few who appearcaring and personal. I do not feel he is out to make money on me personally--we all make money if we work.Psychiatry is a strange world and I think that many Dr's. feel they need to distance themselves from the people they see.

Very aloof and non-empathetic show details Very aloof and non-empathetic
Feb 1st, 2011

He actully chuckled at me when I shared one of my experiences...made me feel like i was being silly. I would not recommend him to ANYONE..even my dog. He just wants to get you in and out so he can collect his 'meds mgt' $ from insurance. He asks a question and it is obvious he could care less about the answer...he should retire and leave the practice to someone who gives a s___ about their patients.

If you like to take medication.... show details If you like to take medication....
Oct 19th, 2009

Mr. Mulder is a pill pusher with no real advice / help on how to deal with the underlying issues.