Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 8th, 2016

I very much enjoy the relationship I share with Dr. Mulder and his staff. They have consistently treated me well.

Jan 23rd, 2016

Pill pusher!!! Does not care about your well being at all!

Addressing medication side effects show details Addressing medication side effects
Sep 11th, 2015

Based on my experience, I would say that I believe that Dr. Mulder has the best interest of his patients in mind. He is has a very professional manner, almost to the point of not being as personable as I would like from my care providers; however, I will admit, that overall, I have not come across too many personable physicians in my life (i.e., “good bedside manner”). For all the medications that were first prescribed to me (different than what I was taking previously under a different physician’s care) by Dr. Mulder, I was having a serious side effect, and I mentioned it a number of times, and got a response that the side effect was atypical. I mentioned this a number of times, mostly through Dr. Mulder’s assistants in the office who relayed the message to Dr. Mulder, although once I told him directly about the problem at one of my appointments. I was thinking that the side effects may be temporary and normal for someone starting on some new medications, but in hindsight I now know it was more than that. After repeatedly telling Dr. Mulder and his assistants that the side effects were intolerable, I was told by Dr. Mulder through his assistant that the problem I was experiencing had to be related to something else, so he suggested that I go to my primary care physician and have myself checked out. I then tried to make an appointment with my primary care physician and had difficulty in making an appointment on short notice because they didn’t have any appointments available, and besides I was a new patient with this physician and they weren’t amenable to having me come in on a specific problem because I hadn’t yet had an initial consultation and physical with this doctor. Additionally, the scheduling nurse told me that based on my condition described on the phone, of which she said was evident based on the obvious symptoms she heard in my voice, she was strongly recommending that I immediately go to the emergency room and get checked out. I found myself in a very difficult situation/predicament (between a rock and a hard place), and I couldn’t just stop taking the medications all together because I had a serious mental health condition that I was being treated for, and besides taking yourself off your medications, can in itself cause severe side effects. My only recourse at this time was to go to the emergency room, regardless of what it may cost, so that is what I did. The hospital did a thorough evaluation of me, including checking vitals, chest X-ray, and CAT scan. Their conclusion in the end was that I was having a severe anxiety attack and they gave me an injection of a medication to calm me down. The rest of that evening I was calm and had a good night’s sleep, but when I awoke the next day, the same bad side effects returned, so I called Dr. Mulder’s office again and informed them of the emergency room visit and the current intolerable side effects I was still experiencing, after which Dr. Mulder prescribed a medication to control my anxiety – the latter helped a little bit, but it didn’t solve the problem. Because my appointment with Dr. Mulder was a few weeks away, I next tried again to make an appointment with my primary care physician, explaining to them that I had gone to the emergency room and still had symptoms that were intolerable and it concerned me. The PCP agreed to see me, and he checked all my vitals, and said he didn’t observe anything that was of concern, and he commented that if the evaluation I had at the emergency didn’t show anything, I shouldn’t be over concerned. I asked him if he could prescribe something to me similar to what they injected into me at the hospital, and he said no, and I should just continue taking the new medications prescribed by Dr. Mulder, and perhaps double the daily dosage and see if that helps. At my next appointment with Dr. Mulder, he told me that he was going to take me off one of the three (now four) medications he had originally prescribed for me because he researched it further and discovered that the drug being dropped (a newer medication on the market) had a chemical that could be causing the side effects I was experiencing. As can surmise by now, I went through a lot of grief, and expenses, trying to get my side effect problem resolved, and it took quite a while to reach that point. I don’t know what advice I’d give to readers, other than to persevere, and keep giving feedback to your physicians if you are suffering intolerable side effects, and to not give up hope, because eventually the problem will get resolved; however, in the meantime you may just have to tough it out, and struggle through the side effects while you keep voicing you concerns to your care takers. My experience was a difficult one, but I am not going to blame it on the physicians who I am sure are extremely busy, especially with their more difficult cases, and these practitioners and their office staff were just making their best judgment based on the information they had, and were following standard operating procedures. My situation is now stable and I no longer have bad side effects, other than just being a little light headed in the morning after taking my medications the night before.

Helped change my life. show details Helped change my life.
by Dave on Dec 22nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Mulder for about 20 years. I really find the negative reviews hard to accept. I suffered with depression and alcoholism. During the years I have lied to him and been angry with him. At the same time I was lying to myself and those I love. But I kept going to Dr Mulder and he was always supportive and never judgmental. I continue to see him to prevent relapse but I now have had many years of sobriety without depression. Things do not change over night. You are not seeking treatment for a cold and you are not always going to like what you hear. I do not believe I would have the life I have today without Dr Mulder and if I could give him more than 5 stars I would.

Sad experience show details Sad experience
Nov 25th, 2014

The way Dr Mulder explained his bad reviews away (on his information page) made me laugh! His ego is so great that he can quickly explain away his negative reviews as the patients fault. Our family had experience with Dr Mulder. Fortunately we quickly recognized his lack of caring and moved on to a Physician who really cared about our issues and was willing to spend time and work with us. As a parent of a teen or young adult I would give a big WARNING. Be careful with using Dr Mulder without monitoring what he is prescribing. Dr Mulder insisted that my son continue using a medication that was clearly not helping, in fact it was making things worse. We began to wonder if there was a connection between Dr Mulder and the Pharmaceutical Company.

Doctor's overall performance show details Doctor's overall performance
by Tim H. on Sep 17th, 2014

He is a kind, competent healer. He is always on time and of good humor. I would recommend him to anyone who has mental health needs.

A very conscientious doctor... show details A very conscientious doctor...
by Victoria on Aug 28th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mulder for over 15 years. He has worked with me adjusting my medications so that I can live a normal life. He is willing to try new meds if they may be beneficial, but he will not just give out medications if they are not appropriate. I will continue to see him as long as he is in practice.

by Jennifer on Aug 27th, 2014

I would be dead, literally, if it weren't for Dr. Mulder. He is not a pill pusher and he does not try to scam you or your insurance company. He personally directs your medications regimen to augment your psychotherapy. It would be difficult to find a more learned psychiatrist. I will happily, willingly, thankfully continue to see him regularly.

Jul 7th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is a fantastic psychiatrist. He helped me as I was going through a very rough time in my life. Yes, he does prescribe medication readily, but he was very thorough and persistent with his follow-ups to make sure I had the right medications at the right dosages so as to not over-medicate or cause severe side effects. As my condition improved over time and I wasn't as filled with anxiety, he lowered my dosages even. Overall, it has truly been a great experience with Dr. Mulder, and the experience has helped improve my life quite dramatically.

Lifesaver show details Lifesaver
Jun 1st, 2014

Depression runs in my family, and I've had it since I was a child. I'm 71 now, and after a lifetime of seeking answers and help, I have been w/Dr. Henry Mulder for nearly 15 years. He's been absolutely wonderful in helping me deal with this. He's really helped me turn my life around, especially when it came to my dealing with family members. I see him once a month for psychotherapy and appreciate his integrity, professionalism and easy manner. I should mention patience, too. When I first started with him, it took a while for us to find the right medication... we did, and now I live a normal, fruitful life.

Being a patient of Dr. Mulder show details Being a patient of Dr. Mulder
May 16th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is extremely knowledgeable, diagnosed my problem within 15 minutes, and gave excellent advice. He is personable and pleasant. I have recommended him to others and am happy to do so.

May 14th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Mulder has been the most positive that I have had in many years. After 30 years of medications that didn't work and my PCP just changing them, to see if they work. I went to Dr. Mulder and he has given me a life that I never knew was possible. I am on the "right medication", also having weekly therapy to cover some other issues in my life. Being misdiagnosed for over 30 years had been difficult, however, I am now living the life I never knew was possible and actually HAPPY for the first time in decades. I highly recommend this office and Dr. Mulder. My experinces have all been extremely positive.

Highly Recommend! show details Highly Recommend!
May 6th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff are the most helpful, caring, respectful, knowledgeable people/practice I have ever been to. Dr. Mulder listens to me and takes the extra time to make sure my medications are working for me and helping me with living life. Dr. Mulder has helped my PTSD, depression and panic disorder for many years now. Dr. Mulder is the best Psychiatrist I have ever met. I highly recommend Dr. Mulder. I have my life, my hope and my faith back because of Dr. Henry J. Mulder.

Apr 24th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff run the most caring and efficient practice I have ever been to. I know that I can schedule my appointment close to when I start my job. I have never been late to work. In addition, Dr. Mulder has experience and I have faith that he is making the right choices for me based on my personal responses to medication and therapy sessions. I actually find myself eagerly awaiting my weekly sessions as I know I will grow in a new way from the session. When I was having metabolism issues with my medicine (my body hyper-metabolizes medications) he was not judgmental. I must admit that if I did not have the trust/treatment that Dr. Mulder worked with me to generate at our sessions, I would have been obsessed with worry about communicating this issue. I was headed down a downward spiral and his diagnosis has helped me to turn that spiral into a staircase I can traverse without impulsiveness, with focus, and without worry about where that next stair branches off to.

Dr. Mulder knows his stuff show details Dr. Mulder knows his stuff
Apr 23rd, 2014

Working with Dr. Mulder is great. He knows so much about different treatments for depression, even when it's long-term and difficult to treat. He suggested treatment that was new and experimental, and it worked great for me. He listened to my suggestions for medications, and carefully followed up for side effects. I still see him on a regular basis, and I've recommended him to friends - they see him, too.

I would urge you to avoid Dr. Mulder show details I would urge you to avoid Dr. Mulder
Dec 5th, 2013

I'm sorry to say that I couldn't agree more with the previous, and vastly negative comments of Dr. Mulder by other patients.

Do not recommend this doctor show details Do not recommend this doctor
by sharon smith on Jun 6th, 2013

This doctor does not appear to care, only to quickly moving you in and out of his office with a perscription. Lately he's been seeing patients via video (with camera, and him on a screen) from his cozy little vacation home in AZ. After 10 minutes, I am cut off mid sentence, and told "thank you, you'll find the door on the right" until I shut up and leave the room. Very rude, with little to no empathy.

May 5th, 2013

Completely incompetent. I have never given a review on a doctor but he should not be practicing medicine. No follow up for therapy. Didn't listen. Increased doses when there were major side effects including extreme vertigo. I will be looking into filing a formal complaint.

Moral agenda interferes with practice show details Moral agenda interferes with practice
Sep 11th, 2012

I feel this doctor was judgmental during his assessment of my situation and reason for contacting his office. it came out clearly in his comments and a review of my file history.

Not Good show details Not Good
Dec 22nd, 2011

Doctor was aloof came accross as condescending. Didn't listen to me or involve me in care planning or include therapist in the plan. Only goal was to prescribe medication and get me out the door, meeting was much less than alotted time. Did not pass on notes to therapist even when requested. Medication approach was wrong, and did not give me information to contact if issues arose.

A very quiet physician show details A very quiet physician
Feb 23rd, 2011

I feel that Dr. Mulder is a very private person and thus a very quiet Dr. I think he uses medications quicker than looking at other options. In my 30 years of seeing psychiatrists I feel that there are very few who appearcaring and personal. I do not feel he is out to make money on me personally--we all make money if we work.Psychiatry is a strange world and I think that many Dr's. feel they need to distance themselves from the people they see.

If you like to take medication.... show details If you like to take medication....
Oct 19th, 2009

Mr. Mulder is a pill pusher with no real advice / help on how to deal with the underlying issues.