Psychiatrists

Psychiatric Associates Of W MI
1403 60th St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
616-719-4488
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A very conscientious doctor...  |  show details
by Victoria on Aug 28th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mulder for over 15 years. He has worked with me adjusting my medications so that I can live a normal life. He is willing to try new meds if they may be beneficial, but he will not just give out medications if they are not appropriate. I will continue to see him as long as he is in practice.

by Jennifer on Aug 27th, 2014

I would be dead, literally, if it weren't for Dr. Mulder. He is not a pill pusher and he does not try to scam you or your insurance company. He personally directs your medications regimen to augment your psychotherapy. It would be difficult to find a more learned psychiatrist. I will happily, willingly, thankfully continue to see him regularly.

Jul 7th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is a fantastic psychiatrist. He helped me as I was going through a very rough time in my life. Yes, he does prescribe medication readily, but he was very thorough and persistent with his follow-ups to make sure I had the right medications at the right dosages so as to not over-medicate or cause severe side effects. As my condition improved over time and I wasn't as filled with anxiety, he lowered my dosages even. Overall, it has truly been a great experience with Dr. Mulder, and the experience has helped improve my life quite dramatically.

|  Lifesaver  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2014

Depression runs in my family, and I've had it since I was a child. I'm 71 now, and after a lifetime of seeking answers and help, I have been w/Dr. Henry Mulder for nearly 15 years. He's been absolutely wonderful in helping me deal with this. He's really helped me turn my life around, especially when it came to my dealing with family members. I see him once a month for psychotherapy and appreciate his integrity, professionalism and easy manner. I should mention patience, too. When I first started with him, it took a while for us to find the right medication... we did, and now I live a normal, fruitful life.

|  Being a patient of Dr. Mulder  |  show details
May 16th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is extremely knowledgeable, diagnosed my problem within 15 minutes, and gave excellent advice. He is personable and pleasant. I have recommended him to others and am happy to do so.

May 14th, 2014

My experience with Dr. Mulder has been the most positive that I have had in many years. After 30 years of medications that didn't work and my PCP just changing them, to see if they work. I went to Dr. Mulder and he has given me a life that I never knew was possible. I am on the "right medication", also having weekly therapy to cover some other issues in my life. Being misdiagnosed for over 30 years had been difficult, however, I am now living the life I never knew was possible and actually HAPPY for the first time in decades. I highly recommend this office and Dr. Mulder. My experinces have all been extremely positive.

|  Highly Recommend!  |  show details
May 6th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff are the most helpful, caring, respectful, knowledgeable people/practice I have ever been to. Dr. Mulder listens to me and takes the extra time to make sure my medications are working for me and helping me with living life. Dr. Mulder has helped my PTSD, depression and panic disorder for many years now. Dr. Mulder is the best Psychiatrist I have ever met. I highly recommend Dr. Mulder. I have my life, my hope and my faith back because of Dr. Henry J. Mulder.

Apr 24th, 2014

Dr. Henry J. Mulder and his staff run the most caring and efficient practice I have ever been to. I know that I can schedule my appointment close to when I start my job. I have never been late to work. In addition, Dr. Mulder has experience and I have faith that he is making the right choices for me based on my personal responses to medication and therapy sessions. I actually find myself eagerly awaiting my weekly sessions as I know I will grow in a new way from the session. When I was having metabolism issues with my medicine (my body hyper-metabolizes medications) he was not judgmental. I must admit that if I did not have the trust/treatment that Dr. Mulder worked with me to generate at our sessions, I would have been obsessed with worry about communicating this issue. I was headed down a downward spiral and his diagnosis has helped me to turn that spiral into a staircase I can traverse without impulsiveness, with focus, and without worry about where that next stair branches off to.

Apr 24th, 2014

|  Dr. Mulder knows his stuff  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

Working with Dr. Mulder is great. He knows so much about different treatments for depression, even when it's long-term and difficult to treat. He suggested treatment that was new and experimental, and it worked great for me. He listened to my suggestions for medications, and carefully followed up for side effects. I still see him on a regular basis, and I've recommended him to friends - they see him, too.

|  I would urge you to avoid Dr. Mulder  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

I'm sorry to say that I couldn't agree more with the previous, and vastly negative comments of Dr. Mulder by other patients.

Sep 26th, 2013

I came to the appointment expecting sympathy and some attempt to help me with depression. He showed no compassion at all and gave me a prescription that even after insurance coverage would be over $ 200 if I had been mentally disabled enough to pay for it. Without insurance it would be over $800. He is sucking money out of the accounts of people that can least afford his mental abuse!

|  Do not recommend this doctor  |  show details
by sharon smith on Jun 6th, 2013

This doctor does not appear to care, only to quickly moving you in and out of his office with a perscription. Lately he's been seeing patients via video (with camera, and him on a screen) from his cozy little vacation home in AZ. After 10 minutes, I am cut off mid sentence, and told "thank you, you'll find the door on the right" until I shut up and leave the room. Very rude, with little to no empathy.

May 5th, 2013

Completely incompetent. I have never given a review on a doctor but he should not be practicing medicine. No follow up for therapy. Didn't listen. Increased doses when there were major side effects including extreme vertigo. I will be looking into filing a formal complaint.

|  Moral agenda interferes with practice  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

I feel this doctor was judgmental during his assessment of my situation and reason for contacting his office. it came out clearly in his comments and a review of my file history.

|  Not Good  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2011

Doctor was aloof came accross as condescending. Didn't listen to me or involve me in care planning or include therapist in the plan. Only goal was to prescribe medication and get me out the door, meeting was much less than alotted time. Did not pass on notes to therapist even when requested. Medication approach was wrong, and did not give me information to contact if issues arose.

|  A very quiet physician  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

I feel that Dr. Mulder is a very private person and thus a very quiet Dr. I think he uses medications quicker than looking at other options. In my 30 years of seeing psychiatrists I feel that there are very few who appearcaring and personal. I do not feel he is out to make money on me personally--we all make money if we work.Psychiatry is a strange world and I think that many Dr's. feel they need to distance themselves from the people they see.

|  Very aloof and non-empathetic  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

He actully chuckled at me when I shared one of my experiences...made me feel like i was being silly. I would not recommend him to ANYONE..even my dog. He just wants to get you in and out so he can collect his 'meds mgt' $ from insurance. He asks a question and it is obvious he could care less about the answer...he should retire and leave the practice to someone who gives a s___ about their patients.

|  If you like to take medication....  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2009

Mr. Mulder is a pill pusher with no real advice / help on how to deal with the underlying issues.