Dr. Henry Mulder Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Henry Mulder?

September 12th, 2017

Avoid if you suffer anxiety.

I literally just had to contact a lawyer to communicate with Dr. Mulder. He ignored my concerns about my treatment multiple times, refused to back what what he told me in sessions on paper, and finally stopped returning my calls completely. Avoid at all costs, I'm suffering from more anxiety over this situation than the ones that drove me to seek help in the first place.

October 12th, 2016

Find someone else

After being a patient for over three years I finally had enough of his arrogance attitude not to mention if you're 5 min late it's $125 bucks but he can cancel while you're there and you have no choice to but reschedule and don't get me started on the Skype appointments where he'll cut you off mid sentence and say doors on the right see you in three months.i have since gotten another dr and found I was on twice the recommended doze Mulder had me on.

February 8th, 2016

I very much enjoy the relationship I share with Dr. Mulder and his staff. They have consistently treated me well.

January 23rd, 2016

Pill pusher!!! Does not care about your well being at all!

September 11th, 2015

Addressing medication side effects

Based on my experience, I would say that I believe that Dr. Mulder has the best interest of his patients in mind. He is has a very professional manner, almost to the point of not being as personable as I would like from my care providers; however, I will admit, that overall, I have not come across too many personable physicians in my life (i.e., “good bedside manner”). For all the medications that were first prescribed to me (different than what I was taking previously under a different physician’s care) by Dr. Mulder, I was having a serious side effect, and I mentioned it a number of times, and got a response that the side effect was atypical. I mentioned this a number of times, mostly through Dr. Mulder’s assistants in the office who relayed the message to Dr. Mulder, although once I told him directly about the problem at one of my appointments. I was thinking that the side effects may be temporary and normal for someone starting on some new medications, but in hindsight I now know it was more than that. After repeatedly telling Dr. Mulder and his assistants that the side effects were intolerable, I was told by Dr. Mulder through his assistant that the problem I was experiencing had to be related to something else, so he suggested that I go to my primary care physician and have myself checked out. I then tried to make an appointment with my primary care physician and had difficulty in making an appointment on short notice because they didn’t have any appointments available, and besides I was a new patient with this physician and they weren’t amenable to having me come in on a specific problem because I hadn’t yet had an initial consultation and physical with this doctor. Additionally, the scheduling nurse told me that based on my condition described on the phone, of which she said was evident based on the obvious symptoms she heard in my voice, she was strongly recommending that I immediately go to the emergency room and get checked out. I found myself in a very difficult situation/predicament (between a rock and a hard place), and I couldn’t just stop taking the medications all together because I had a serious mental health condition that I was being treated for, and besides taking yourself off your medications, can in itself cause severe side effects. My only recourse at this time was to go to the emergency room, regardless of what it may cost, so that is what I did. The hospital did a thorough evaluation of me, including checking vitals, chest X-ray, and CAT scan. Their conclusion in the end was that I was having a severe anxiety attack and they gave me an injection of a medication to calm me down. The rest of that evening I was calm and had a good night’s sleep, but when I awoke the next day, the same bad side effects returned, so I called Dr. Mulder’s office again and informed them of the emergency room visit and the current intolerable side effects I was still experiencing, after which Dr. Mulder prescribed a medication to control my anxiety – the latter helped a little bit, but it didn’t solve the problem. Because my appointment with Dr. Mulder was a few weeks away, I next tried again to make an appointment with my primary care physician, explaining to them that I had gone to the emergency room and still had symptoms that were intolerable and it concerned me. The PCP agreed to see me, and he checked all my vitals, and said he didn’t observe anything that was of concern, and he commented that if the evaluation I had at the emergency didn’t show anything, I shouldn’t be over concerned. I asked him if he could prescribe something to me similar to what they injected into me at the hospital, and he said no, and I should just continue taking the new medications prescribed by Dr. Mulder, and perhaps double the daily dosage and see if that helps. At my next appointment with Dr. Mulder, he told me that he was going to take me off one of the three (now four) medications he had originally prescribed for me because he researched it further and discovered that the drug being dropped (a newer medication on the market) had a chemical that could be causing the side effects I was experiencing. As can surmise by now, I went through a lot of grief, and expenses, trying to get my side effect problem resolved, and it took quite a while to reach that point. I don’t know what advice I’d give to readers, other than to persevere, and keep giving feedback to your physicians if you are suffering intolerable side effects, and to not give up hope, because eventually the problem will get resolved; however, in the meantime you may just have to tough it out, and struggle through the side effects while you keep voicing you concerns to your care takers. My experience was a difficult one, but I am not going to blame it on the physicians who I am sure are extremely busy, especially with their more difficult cases, and these practitioners and their office staff were just making their best judgment based on the information they had, and were following standard operating procedures. My situation is now stable and I no longer have bad side effects, other than just being a little light headed in the morning after taking my medications the night before.

December 22nd, 2014

Helped change my life.

I have been a patient of Dr Mulder for about 20 years. I really find the negative reviews hard to accept. I suffered with depression and alcoholism. During the years I have lied to him and been angry with him. At the same time I was lying to myself and those I love. But I kept going to Dr Mulder and he was always supportive and never judgmental. I continue to see him to prevent relapse but I now have had many years of sobriety without depression. Things do not change over night. You are not seeking treatment for a cold and you are not always going to like what you hear. I do not believe I would have the life I have today without Dr Mulder and if I could give him more than 5 stars I would.

November 25th, 2014

Sad experience

The way Dr Mulder explained his bad reviews away (on his information page) made me laugh! His ego is so great that he can quickly explain away his negative reviews as the patients fault. Our family had experience with Dr Mulder. Fortunately we quickly recognized his lack of caring and moved on to a Physician who really cared about our issues and was willing to spend time and work with us. As a parent of a teen or young adult I would give a big WARNING. Be careful with using Dr Mulder without monitoring what he is prescribing. Dr Mulder insisted that my son continue using a medication that was clearly not helping, in fact it was making things worse. We began to wonder if there was a connection between Dr Mulder and the Pharmaceutical Company.

September 17th, 2014

Doctor's overall performance

He is a kind, competent healer. He is always on time and of good humor. I would recommend him to anyone who has mental health needs.

August 28th, 2014

A very conscientious doctor...

I have been a patient of Dr. Mulder for over 15 years. He has worked with me adjusting my medications so that I can live a normal life. He is willing to try new meds if they may be beneficial, but he will not just give out medications if they are not appropriate. I will continue to see him as long as he is in practice.

August 27th, 2014

I would be dead, literally, if it weren't for Dr. Mulder. He is not a pill pusher and he does not try to scam you or your insurance company. He personally directs your medications regimen to augment your psychotherapy. It would be difficult to find a more learned psychiatrist. I will happily, willingly, thankfully continue to see him regularly.

July 7th, 2014

Dr. Mulder is a fantastic psychiatrist. He helped me as I was going through a very rough time in my life. Yes, he does prescribe medication readily, but he was very thorough and persistent with his follow-ups to make sure I had the right medications at the right dosages so as to not over-medicate or cause severe side effects. As my condition improved over time and I wasn't as filled with anxiety, he lowered my dosages even. Overall, it has truly been a great experience with Dr. Mulder, and the experience has helped improve my life quite dramatically.

June 1st, 2014

Lifesaver

Depression runs in my family, and I've had it since I was a child. I'm 71 now, and after a lifetime of seeking answers and help, I have been w/Dr. Henry Mulder for nearly 15 years. He's been absolutely wonderful in helping me deal with this. He's really helped me turn my life around, especially when it came to my dealing with family members. I see him once a month for psychotherapy and appreciate his integrity, professionalism and easy manner. I should mention patience, too. When I first started with him, it took a while for us to find the right medication... we did, and now I live a normal, fruitful life.