Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  No.  |  show details
by Moving on... on Sep 3rd, 2014

Scary. How long can a doc look right through a person? Look elsewhere.

|  Its true  |  show details
by Irving Tx on Apr 3rd, 2014

Its true, about navigating the website, waiting for a reply, just different, maybe easier for everyone then being put on hold, phones ringing etc...IDK Dr Roopa is the same as Dr. P,is what I'm guessing from these reviews. Wished I had seen them first. I paid out of pocket, she saw me for 9mins, they ask you to bring your previous labs, your medications, your history, any disc or x-ray info,...she glanced,at best. To get out of work, drive up there through construction, interrupt her time for 9mins, pay them over 300.00, and race back to work wasn't worth it. Their website and brochure says that "they are committed to building a lasting relationship with you, and serve your continued healthcare needs". Then it thanks you "for the opportunity to provide you with quality care". The best thing this office has going for it is the gals at the desk were friendly. The office has this 15min rule, they try to get you back in a room no later then that, so maybe that's why once your in there with the Dr, they rush out. IDK. Dr Roopa was restless at 7mins with me but got up to check me and that took our time to about 9 mins total. The most important thing these Drs are missing during their interaction with a new patient is going to be client retention-every person that walks thru their doors, is seeking help, we have been through it all with our thyroids/hormones, we seek HELP, if we are willing to pay out of pocket, please turn over every stone for us, extend your knowledge, extend your hand, this office also specializes in hormones, diabetes, never once did she ever ask or say anything else,If your looking for in-depth insight, every stone unturned, I didn't get it here.

|  Would recommend  |  show details
by L. Blair on Aug 14th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Prost for 2 years. He has always seen me right on my appt. time. His P.A. has taken longer to see me but still not more than 15 minutes. Dr. Prost has helped me so much with my hypothyroid. I feel like a new person. The staff I have found to be very friendly and helpful. I just don't have any complaints. So surprised to see negative reviews for Dr. Prost. He is not a chatty person but very thorough in answering any questions I have had.

|  Just try to get an appointment...  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

I never even made it to appointment. They require you to fill out forms on website that didn't seem to be working very well. Then they say they will get a hold of you...that doesn't mean a phone call, it means you must continuously check their website to see if you received a message. If you don't keep checking, they will cancel your appointment. I sent in forms, along with 3 emails...too bad. I don't think I want to go any further with this doctor and his staff.......extremely poor way to treat patients. Seems too arrogant as far as my ill-fated experience goes.

|  Find Another!  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

This is obviously a job for him and not a calling, don't waste your time with this guy. I don't have a problem with the poor office staff (most doctors are not good businessmen) but this doctor is like a "dead fish"...no personality whatesover. He is strictly "book learned" and nothing more, he really does not know how to talk with people and he and his staff will not do anything at all to help you on a daily basis.

|  BEWARE  |  show details
May 20th, 2012

The doctor is okay - but relies too much on the office staff and for me it was impossible to get an appt with him after the first visit. The office manager is a witch - she refused to let me see anyone in the office and after my first visit she was the only person I could talk to. Needless to say - don't waste any time with this office. I am now going to another doctor who is wonderful and has a kind and caring staff.

|  Arrogant  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr.Prost was arrogant and rude during my visit with him. He answered a text message - texted someone right in front of me in the middle of my appointment with him. Very unfriendly and seemed like he didn't want to be bothered with me.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

The doctor's staff is very inefficient, sets time for lab work for patient but fails to forward request to Labcor.Fails to communicate with patients familey while they have an office party. fails to follow up on health concerns. when asked , I will check the records and let you know.

|  Don't Expect Any Extra Help Here  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2011

I saw Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash, MD for a thyroid, adrenal fatigue deficiency in early 2010. I was expecting to see Dr. Prost. Tests came back 'normal' but just as Dr. James Wilson says in his book, ADRENAL FATIGUE, don't expect traditional docs to help or treat you for that condition. You can be LOW Normal & NOT NORMAL for you. I got NO - NO - discussion, open-mindedness, or willingness to further try to bring me functional. Suggest you also read OVERCOMING ADRENAL FATIGUE and PERIMENOPAUSE & MENOPAUSE WORKBOOK by Kathryn R. Simpson. Also BREAKTHROUGH and AGELESS by Suzanne Somers, Dr. John R. Lee wrote WHAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT MENOPAUSE; very good also.You would expect a HIGHLY TRAINED ENDOCRONOLOGIST to be up-to-date and practice the latest medical treatments, but don't waste your time or money here. Find a bio-identical or naturopathic doctor who won't give you senthetic, pharmaceutical drugs, only natural ones that work WITH your body and don't damage it just to make the drug companies money. Even find a Nutritionist or age-related doctor. Anywhere but here if you want REAL individualized, non-cookie cutter treatment. But be careful there too since it is a new field; there are quacks there too. Just do your homework. Like Dr. Wilson says, you're own your own. But it can be done. The books will help you take control of your health and understand how your adrenals, thyroid & hormones work together. You are you own best advocate!

|  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

Dr. Henry Prost is professional, gentle and thorough. He was able to monitor my hypothyroid condition freeing me from the many symptoms other doctors failed with. When I went to him I was so tired I could not live a normal life. His expertise and careful monitoring lead to the correct T4 & T3 dosages making me feel like a new person.