Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Thorough calm patient-focused doc show details Thorough calm patient-focused doc
Feb 15th, 2016

Dr. Prost is a caring physician with a professional, calm focused demeanor. He has always been thorough with me in his exam and evaluation. I did find his physician portal lacking (not well organized or intuitive) but ultimately I was able to complete my paperwork and get scheduled without issue. I've seen him several times now as my regular endo and find his care to be excellent. He even followed up with me about a lingering unrelated respiratory issue to make sure I'd found a good doc that my insurance covered.

Very helpful doctor show details Very helpful doctor
by Brenda H on Sep 16th, 2015

I saw Dr. Prost for the first time today. I made my appointment online, filled out all paperwork online, my appointment was confirmed with an automated phone call. No problems. Wait time was minimal. Office looked brand new and very clean. Office staff and nurses were pleasant, the nurse that drew my blood was EXTREMELY pleasant and I barely felt the blood draw. Wish I would have gotten her name but I'm sure I'll see her again. Doctor was knowledgeable and spent lots of time with me. He was pleasant, helpful and listened to all my various health issues. Nice guy that just wanted to help. I will continue to use this doctor, good endo's are very difficult to find. For reference, I had thyroid cancer 15 years ago at age 38, total thyroidectomy, now in menopause and having trouble regulating thyroid hormone. Previous MD recommended a specialist and gave me a couple of names. I chose Dr. Prost and am very glad I did.

Office Needs People Training show details Office Needs People Training
by Too Smart to Waste my Time & Money on Feb 12th, 2015

Tried to use doc's website to schedule first appointment and never heard anything back. A week later I called and they said they didn't have an appt request but saw where I tried to complete one--had my name and number but didn't bother to call. Well, I DID complete it --their computer was the problem! After I called a week later to make appointment, I was told I had to go back on their website to fill out form I and II and submit. They gave me one day to complete both when my appointment was a month away. I completed both forms and submitted that same day. Then two days later, I get a voice mail saying they didn't get form 2 and that I need to go back, fill it out again, and resubmit by 8:00 the next morning or they will give my appointment to someone else. I already DID complete form 2 and now I'm having to do it again and being threatened to lose my appointment? Is that how I deserve to be treated? Heck no! Poor website and poor bedside manner = no business from me! So glad I came on here and read the reviews. I KNOW I'm doing the right thing now.

No. show details No.
by Moving on... on Sep 3rd, 2014

Scary. How long can a doc look right through a person? Look elsewhere.

Would recommend show details Would recommend
by L. Blair on Aug 14th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Prost for 2 years. He has always seen me right on my appt. time. His P.A. has taken longer to see me but still not more than 15 minutes. Dr. Prost has helped me so much with my hypothyroid. I feel like a new person. The staff I have found to be very friendly and helpful. I just don't have any complaints. So surprised to see negative reviews for Dr. Prost. He is not a chatty person but very thorough in answering any questions I have had.

Just try to get an appointment... show details Just try to get an appointment...
Jun 12th, 2013

I never even made it to appointment. They require you to fill out forms on website that didn't seem to be working very well. Then they say they will get a hold of you...that doesn't mean a phone call, it means you must continuously check their website to see if you received a message. If you don't keep checking, they will cancel your appointment. I sent in forms, along with 3 emails...too bad. I don't think I want to go any further with this doctor and his staff.......extremely poor way to treat patients. Seems too arrogant as far as my ill-fated experience goes.

Find Another! show details Find Another!
Jun 5th, 2012

This is obviously a job for him and not a calling, don't waste your time with this guy. I don't have a problem with the poor office staff (most doctors are not good businessmen) but this doctor is like a "dead fish"...no personality whatesover. He is strictly "book learned" and nothing more, he really does not know how to talk with people and he and his staff will not do anything at all to help you on a daily basis.

BEWARE show details BEWARE
May 20th, 2012

The doctor is okay - but relies too much on the office staff and for me it was impossible to get an appt with him after the first visit. The office manager is a witch - she refused to let me see anyone in the office and after my first visit she was the only person I could talk to. Needless to say - don't waste any time with this office. I am now going to another doctor who is wonderful and has a kind and caring staff.

Arrogant show details Arrogant
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr.Prost was arrogant and rude during my visit with him. He answered a text message - texted someone right in front of me in the middle of my appointment with him. Very unfriendly and seemed like he didn't want to be bothered with me.

Aug 30th, 2011

The doctor's staff is very inefficient, sets time for lab work for patient but fails to forward request to Labcor.Fails to communicate with patients familey while they have an office party. fails to follow up on health concerns. when asked , I will check the records and let you know.

Don't Expect Any Extra Help Here show details Don't Expect Any Extra Help Here
Jul 14th, 2011

I saw Dr. Roopa Sathyaprakash, MD for a thyroid, adrenal fatigue deficiency in early 2010. I was expecting to see Dr. Prost. Tests came back 'normal' but just as Dr. James Wilson says in his book, ADRENAL FATIGUE, don't expect traditional docs to help or treat you for that condition. You can be LOW Normal & NOT NORMAL for you. I got NO - NO - discussion, open-mindedness, or willingness to further try to bring me functional. Suggest you also read OVERCOMING ADRENAL FATIGUE and PERIMENOPAUSE & MENOPAUSE WORKBOOK by Kathryn R. Simpson. Also BREAKTHROUGH and AGELESS by Suzanne Somers, Dr. John R. Lee wrote WHAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT MENOPAUSE; very good also.You would expect a HIGHLY TRAINED ENDOCRONOLOGIST to be up-to-date and practice the latest medical treatments, but don't waste your time or money here. Find a bio-identical or naturopathic doctor who won't give you senthetic, pharmaceutical drugs, only natural ones that work WITH your body and don't damage it just to make the drug companies money. Even find a Nutritionist or age-related doctor. Anywhere but here if you want REAL individualized, non-cookie cutter treatment. But be careful there too since it is a new field; there are quacks there too. Just do your homework. Like Dr. Wilson says, you're own your own. But it can be done. The books will help you take control of your health and understand how your adrenals, thyroid & hormones work together. You are you own best advocate!

Jun 19th, 2011

Dr. Henry Prost is professional, gentle and thorough. He was able to monitor my hypothyroid condition freeing me from the many symptoms other doctors failed with. When I went to him I was so tired I could not live a normal life. His expertise and careful monitoring lead to the correct T4 & T3 dosages making me feel like a new person.