Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist, Adolescent Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Do lots of research and read below show details Do lots of research and read below
Jul 23rd, 2015

DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING AN EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS -A NURSE answers the phone during off hours, she would no connect anyone in our family to the doctor , it was a grave EMERGENCY and THE NURSE still would not connect us and told us to go to the emergency room or wait until the next day. Did not contact family regarding a suicide attempt until a day later which is completely unethical - other times called back from his car and did not have file - Wrong diagnosis - gave meds allergic to and did not believe my side effects, simple test would have shown I was allergic to ALL the meds he prescribed - ended up going to another specialist who ran test and found out that in fact allergies did exist - new specialist consulted other doctors and they became a team - currently on the right meds and feel better about life and moving forward feeling more positive.

Jan 30th, 2014

He only thinks of making money. He's also known as a Dr who over medicates his patients. I don't know why he doesn't get retired. How much more money he needs to make!!!!

Jan 2nd, 2014

Dr. Schulte suggested I try TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) for my depression. He claimed he had an 80% success rate, even though the national average was around 50%. I spoke with their office staff, who raved about the treatment. The office manager told me she had contacted my insurance and that they would reimburse 60% of my cost. This convinced me to try it. I was told I would undergo 30 treatments, each of which would cost $300. I was reluctant to try it but I felt desperate for a cure from my depression and Dr. Schulte basically promised it would work. After the 30 treatments were up and I had little to no results, he told me I needed to do another 11 treatments, each of which would cost an additional $300 a piece. After I finished all 41 treatments and spent $12,300 I felt the same. Dr. Schulte then proceeded to fire me as a patient and "invited me to find another doctor." I contacted the office staff to make sure they would file my insurance claim as promised, however, the office manager had been fired. Her replacement told me that my insurance would not cover any of my treatment and that I would not be reimbursed at all. She told me this after I paid the full amount to Dr. Schulte. Dr. Schulte is an old man and his only concern is his retirement. I found it very ironic that he let me do 41 treatments at $300 each before firing me. In essence, I handed him over $12,000 for a sham treatment that gave me no lasting results. He used basic sales tactics to convince me to try the treatment. I should have known better than to trust him because his claims sounded too good to be true; however, I was going through a bout of terrible depression and was desperate for a cure. I reasoned that the money was a small price to pay for relief. I belief he is a fraudulent individual and his intentions are malicious. His patients would be better off if he retired and left his patients to be cared for by kinder, more compassionate, competent individuals.

not prepared/not readily available show details not prepared/not readily available
Mar 9th, 2013

Calls to doctor were not returned promptly; called back while he was driving home and without a patient file; crisis after office hours - don't count on getting through to the doctor; bad experience

Bravo show details Bravo
Apr 14th, 2011

Dr Shulte, has been my Doctor for 2 years...and he is the best... I thank the Doctor...