Dr. Henry Schulte III MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 28th, 2017
Adolescent/Young Adult Treatment
Finding out that your young beautiful teen is struggling with addiction and mental illness has been the scariest time of our lives. With little to go on and few resources I started the long journey of finding the best providers for our child. I found out quickly that all providers are not equal. Without a proper diagnosis and treatment plan our angel would probably not be with us today. After many attempts at finding the right doctor, many that took us out of state, we were blessed to find Dr. Schulte. Due to Dr. Schulte's expertise and willingness to follow our child's care, he was the only one that was able to provide a successful treatment plan. A double blessing was Dr. Schulte's staff. Nancy and her staff were instrumental in coordinating everything we needed. This journey will last a lifetime and our family will forever be grateful that we can continue to share it with our child. Thank you Dr. Schulte, Nancy and staff for all that you have done and all that you continue to do.

May 5th, 2016
I went to Dr. Shulte for TMS and medication. He was extremely incompetent and unprepared every time I met with him. He never could remember what medications I was taking or what dosage. He basically did not remember anything about me every time I met with him (which was weekly). TMS did not help my depression and my anxiety severely worsened around the third week. Dr. Shulte did not stop the TMS despite my worsening anxiety until the beginning of the sixth week when I insisted I needed to start tapering off instead of continuing. It was a very unprofessional setting. Dr. Shulte’s wife came into the room during one of my treatments (which I’m pretty sure is illegal…). Sometimes he liked to do his appointments in the TMS treatment room and staff members would be coming in and out. There were also instances where I felt he was inappropriately touching me (“friendly” patting my knee and back). I also have many issues concerning the technician, Nancy. She left the treatment room often to go do secretary’s work. Sometime I was left strapped into the chair in the room alone. Other times she had the secretary (not a trained technician) stay in the room to monitor the TMS. Nancy is a major control freak. I saw her manipulate patients (I knew another patient there that was also manipulated and lied to) and other staff members so she can have as much control as possible. I think she truly believes she can do Dr. Shulte’s job for him. If you plan on going to Dr. Shulte for TMS just be aware that she will try to manipulate you and be prepared to firmly stand your ground.

March 1st, 2016
Definitely one of the best. Dr. Schulte is very compassionate, thorough, and insightful. He has made a very positive impact on my overall health.

October 2nd, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Schulte's for about 8 years. Was diagnosed with moderate depression many years ago and have been on medication to help my illness. Dr. Schulte has a great sense of who the patient is, what their problem is, and what is (are) the best way(s) to treat the problem. My son, who has A.D.D. is also a patient of Dr. Schulte's. The sensitivity, knowledge, professionalism, and optimism the doc has offered both my son and myself has helped enormously in allowing both of us to live a more fulfilling life. I would recommend Dr. Schulte 100%.

July 23rd, 2015
Do lots of research and read below
DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING AN EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS -A NURSE answers the phone during off hours, she would no connect anyone in our family to the doctor , it was a grave EMERGENCY and THE NURSE still would not connect us and told us to go to the emergency room or wait until the next day. Did not contact family regarding a suicide attempt until a day later which is completely unethical - other times called back from his car and did not have file - Wrong diagnosis - gave meds allergic to and did not believe my side effects, simple test would have shown I was allergic to ALL the meds he prescribed - ended up going to another specialist who ran test and found out that in fact allergies did exist - new specialist consulted other doctors and they became a team - currently on the right meds and feel better about life and moving forward feeling more positive.

January 31st, 2014
He only thinks of making money. He's also known as a Dr who over medicates his patients. I don't know why he doesn't get retired. How much more money he needs to make!!!!

January 2nd, 2014
Dr. Schulte suggested I try TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) for my depression. He claimed he had an 80% success rate, even though the national average was around 50%. I spoke with their office staff, who raved about the treatment. The office manager told me she had contacted my insurance and that they would reimburse 60% of my cost. This convinced me to try it. I was told I would undergo 30 treatments, each of which would cost $300. I was reluctant to try it but I felt desperate for a cure from my depression and Dr. Schulte basically promised it would work. After the 30 treatments were up and I had little to no results, he told me I needed to do another 11 treatments, each of which would cost an additional $300 a piece. After I finished all 41 treatments and spent $12,300 I felt the same. Dr. Schulte then proceeded to fire me as a patient and "invited me to find another doctor." I contacted the office staff to make sure they would file my insurance claim as promised, however, the office manager had been fired. Her replacement told me that my insurance would not cover any of my treatment and that I would not be reimbursed at all. She told me this after I paid the full amount to Dr. Schulte. Dr. Schulte is an old man and his only concern is his retirement. I found it very ironic that he let me do 41 treatments at $300 each before firing me. In essence, I handed him over $12,000 for a sham treatment that gave me no lasting results. He used basic sales tactics to convince me to try the treatment. I should have known better than to trust him because his claims sounded too good to be true; however, I was going through a bout of terrible depression and was desperate for a cure. I reasoned that the money was a small price to pay for relief. I belief he is a fraudulent individual and his intentions are malicious. His patients would be better off if he retired and left his patients to be cared for by kinder, more compassionate, competent individuals.

March 10th, 2013
not prepared/not readily available
Calls to doctor were not returned promptly; called back while he was driving home and without a patient file; crisis after office hours - don't count on getting through to the doctor; bad experience

April 14th, 2011
Bravo
Dr Shulte, has been my Doctor for 2 years...and he is the best... I thank the Doctor...

March 30th, 2011
The best psychiatrist i have had

April 18th, 2016