Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile
1517 Thompson Rd
Richmond, TX 77469
281-344-1715
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  triple level fusion  |  show details
by Martha S. on Nov 30th, 2013

The first time I met with Dr. Small I felt like I should be hurrying the conversation along. I have never had a dr. who takes that much time with me. Inspite of being a surgeon he never pushed surgery and did everything else he could to help me first. He told me I would know if and when based on quality of life. He has been through the surgery himself and really understands the process and is very honest and upfront about what to expect. I had very good results from my surgery inspite of almost 40 yrs of issues. I recommend him to anyone I meet who is looking for a dr. He is caring, patient, thorough and personable. Very available if you need him. He is wonderful; I have talked to many others who have had surgeries and few people had the experience I did.

|  He is the "go to doctor " after others have messed you up, he's the BEST THERE IS!  |  show details
by Mark Mayolo on Aug 28th, 2013

I had a previous 360 lumbar fusion and the hardware, screws, broke my vertebrae and that doctor wouldn't try to repair it. I searched for the best doctor who had the best reputation for being the doctor's doctor of spinal repairs and the most caring about back pain and problems because he has been in my shoes, not as bad, but he takes as much time listening to you as you need to feel free of the fears to let him help you, when all the other doctors wouldn't touch you. He rebuilt my back to the point that I am still walking around and helps me to control the chronic pain. I am so thankful to him I have a salvaged back and can walk with my family, slowly, but I am not in a wheelchair and thank God for Dr. Henry Small.

|  Excellent staff  |  show details
by Nancy Sale on Aug 9th, 2013

I have been to a number of doctors in my life and after meeting with Dr. Henry Small is by far the best doctor I have come across. He is compassionate, listens carefully, well educated across the board, and does not want you to leave until you feel comfortable and you have a game plan with him on how you can handle your situation. All of his staff members were friendly and very helpful. I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Small and his office. I feel very confident in his decisions and 100% put my trust and faith in this man. Can only say wonderful things about him.

|  show details
by my_doctors2013 on Jan 31st, 2013

If I could put "thumbs down to call questions, I would. Dr. Small and his staff are non-responsive to follow-up calls and visits. I would NOT recommend Dr. Small or his staff to ANYONE!

|  Awesome  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

I have a long history of orthopedic sugeries and wish I would have found Dr Small earlier. He is the most caring Physician I have ever had and he is an outstanding surgeon as well.

|  Olivette Roberts  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

I have been with Dr Henry Small for some time now way back staring in 1994 I see him for my back and neck dr If hecan help you any way he can he's always there. i have went where ever he goses he the best, and i dont no anyone that could care and understands our problems as much as he dose's. i love him very much for what he has done for me. Thank you Dr Small for being a part with my health care.

|  AMAZING  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

I LOVE this doctor. Do to medical problems, I have seen a lot of doctors since 2004. NONE compare to Dr. Small.

|  The Best DR. you will ever find!!!  |  show details
by lsugirl321 at Citysearch on Sep 19th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I was in Dr. Small`s care for 8 years. He performed a spinal fusion on me in 2006. It changed my life! I can`t say enough great things about Dr. Small! He is truly an amazing Dr. who cares about his patients like I`ve never experienced from any other Dr. He helped me through a very dark time in my life and I will always be in-depted to him and his staff!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  show details
by wesshaver on Jan 24th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Absolutely the best and most caring and fun doctor I've ever been to. He performed major back surgery on me in June, 2007, and it was nothing short of a miracle. He is one of the few doctors that is passionate about healing people and doesn't even care

Read Full Review at citysearch.com