Dr. Henry Tam Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Henry Tam?

Love the staff!

Posted on October 21st, 2017

I have been a patient here for years! The care, compassion, and empathy is beyond awesome! I do not have insurance and cannot afford to pay hundreds of dollars every six months for meds and check ups! Without them....I would probably be dead by now. I don't make enough to afford Obamacare or private insurance and make too much for Medicaid and my medical history and current issues are not enough for either to care! So, without this place....I would have been dead a long time ago! The wait to be seen can be a bit much with or without an appointment and I wish the place was bigger. But, the way that I am treated helps me get over those two issues very quickly!

Posted on November 10th, 2015

Even faced with clinical evidence that spelled out the diagnosis, he refused to change his wrong diagnosis and continued to prevent proper care. He acted like he did not care about the issue at all, just that he was right and I was wrong. His failure to treat and delay in specialist referral may lead to permanent disability.

Top Notch!

Posted on June 24th, 2013

Dr. Tam is the only Medical Doctor for me! I have used his office for over twenty years. He is not only a consummate professional, he is a caring and insightful man who can genuinely be called a Gentleman. He is a man of conviction who has demonstrated that he strives to answer his calling as a healer. In truth, I have never heard him say anything rude, harsh or brash... even when his office is at its busiest. Every member of his Staff regards Dr Tam with the highest respect and loyalty. Like I said, Dr Tam is the ONLY Doctor for me!

Dr. Tam is excellent

Posted on June 11th, 2012

I have had several encounters with Tam. He seems to be very knowledgeable, personable, and willing to take the time to listen to the patient, and explain situations thoroughly. For those that complain about wait time -- he takes a mixture of appointment and non-appointment patients. I appreciate this flexibility, especially when I am feeling miserable, and don't want to wait days for an appointment. On those occasions, I am willing to wait awhile in his office to be able to see him more quickly. This flexibility can lead to some delay when one has an appointment. He is a good doc, and many want to consult with him.

Love Dr Tam - but wait is always long even with an appt.

Posted on March 16th, 2012

I think Dr. Tam is a great doctor however, they seem to overschedule and while I frequently get in quickly (I always make an appt) I wind up waiting in the room for a long time sometimes. The worst was a 3 hour ordeal - but lately, it's been vastly improved and I haven't waited over 1/2 hour. I would recommend him for his knowledge and wonderful bedside manner.

Terrible customer service and bedside manner

Posted on July 21st, 2011

I can't comment on Dr. Tam, as I had the pleasure of seeing one of his nurse practitioners (Susan Ecklund) at the Southside office.The staff scheduled the appointment for the wrong day and afterwards blatantly refused to follow up on my visit. When I finally began to speak with Ms. Ecklund, she interrupted me mid-sentence and grumbled something about taking a phone call. 10 minutes later, she returned and showed very little interest in continuing our discussion.Afterwards, her assistant informed me that they would NOT be following up on my visit as it wasn't their job.All I needed was a prescription transferred from my old doctor and the entire staff in this office was either incapable or unwilling to make this happen. My previous doctor never received the request and Family MedCenter tells me they will do nothing more.

Posted on May 12th, 2011

I had never seen Dr. Tam and was able to go in the same day I called for an appointment. The staff are very friendly, professional and worked in a timely manner. The wait time was above average considering I didn't have an appointment. Dr. Tam was patient, thorough and listened intently. He was very easy to talk to and addressed all of my issues in one visit.

Posted on January 6th, 2017