Dr. Henry Underwood III DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017
Horrible
This doctor is HORRIBlE!!!!! Him and his office are absolutely unprofessional and run astronomical amounts of tests and you will receive huge bills!!!!!! And wait times are a good 5 hours!!!

February 8th, 2017
Terrible Doctor and worse Staff
Had 9am appt. At 12 noon still waiting. Staff ignored me and another patient. Finally after 3 hrs. I asked and was told Dr. not there! Staff sad this was a daily occurrence. Went to lunch and finally saw Dr. at 2pm. 5 hr. wait. 2nd visit same. Staff are short and discourteous. You have to beg for referrals. Office Mgr. says she will get it done but you have to cancel appointments with referral doctor because Office Mgr fails to send referral. This Doctor and his Staff are a train wreck. You will be sorry for using this office.

February 6th, 2016
Great doctor w long waits
Excellent doctor. The only one who every correctly diagnosed me which changed my life. He listens and will answer questions. He does not talk down to you. Only issue is the crazy long wait times. Be prepared to be there hours before you are seen. Take a snack. A book. Whatever!

January 8th, 2016
Dr is chronically late by hours and leaves patients in his waiting room without any explanation other than he's tied up at the hospital with an emergency. However, this is the excuse used every day with all his patients. He has his MA do breathing treatments before examining the patient. He pushes b12 shots as a routine to every patient regardless of why they are there. He misdiagnoses patients and they end up having to be hospitalized and then he releases patients that end up back in the hospital due to lack of follow up care.

September 21st, 2015
I think he is a great dr. just the waiting time to see him is way to long.

June 30th, 2015
Employees
I would like for everyone to have a full understanding after reading the reviews! An employee can only do so much in an office setting without the signature of the physician. There seems to be the misconseption that the staff can just call another provider and schedule you an appt in a few days....in the average off this would be possible because they have the printout of your office visit immediately, at this location we do not. Please understand that if you were told someone would schedule you that is true it will just take time as we are waiting for the completion of your office notes. Please do not be ugly to the staff because you don't get your scripts filled right away that also takes the provider signature. I would hope that this information is helpful as I worked this location for several years and it was a challenge to advocate for the patients needs but to also respect the provider also had hospital duties.

March 15th, 2015
If you want to know exactly what's medically wrong with you then the wait is worth your time!!! Great Doctor!!!
Yes, you do have to wait long but Doc researches everything for accurate diagnosis!!!

September 19th, 2014
Dr. Underwood.in a nut shell..literal nut
I waited 6 hours to see the doctor. I missed lunch. Had to arrange for someone to pick my kids up from school. As i waited, i listened to thd staff. Very unprofrssional. Cussing, using patiemts namea, complaining about patirnts. Papers everywhere. Ive never seen this at any other dr. They put me in a room and put another patiemts chart on the desk.inside the room. After i.notoced it, i took the chart to the front desk and i left. This place needs to be closed. I never saw the dr. I was referred by a friemd. In the waiting room other patients were saying, he better hutty up ans fill my pain medications, i gotta gwt out of here. From the looks of the place is a legallized drug dealing operation. Well, its not legal. My gut tells me theres something going on. Ill never go back and u should either

August 28th, 2013
helped me
He is the BEST and for that he is worth the Wait !

August 2nd, 2012
pack a lunch for an appointment!
I was shocked at how long I waited to see the dr! My appt was at 9am and at noon i was still waiting!!! Apparently this is the norm there, as other patients told me. When i got back to the exam room, i waited another hour!!! I found out "he never refills any pain medicine without an office visit"...the girl at the front desk said when i inquired about my perscripton being refilled. Wow, so he charges you for another office visit on your ins as well as another copay. This is insane. The staff never returns calls, either. I dont see how he hasnt gotten into trouble yet. His patients have more "patience" than most... never seen anything like it....and with no apologies.

July 23rd, 2012
avg wait time 2 to 2 hr 45 minutes before going back to exam room

May 9th, 2012
employee
I don't know Dr underwood in a patient Dr way, but i had the pleasure of meeting him after he called me and asked me to come in for an interview. The interview went well, and he went on to offer me the position and told me Yw would start paper work and back ground check, and call me on Monday (this was a Tuesday). Monday rolled around and nothing so I called the office that afternoon, they act like they don't know who I am but insists they will call ne back. They never do, and on Tuesday at 4, I call again, they say that the office manager just got back into town and they will be calling me in a couple days. It's been 3 weeks since I was offered the job, and heard nothing back. I call today ask if they are still hiring, they say fax your resume in! Wth!!?? Unorganized if you ask me, thank god I didn't get the job, I can't handle such lack of professionalism!!!!