Dr. Henry West MD Patient Reviews

July 26th, 2012
Dr. West was pleasant and knowledgable.
I was a little worried when I first went to see Dr. West last year because I had heard he wasn't personable. I was most pleasantly surprised to find the opposite! Dr. West helped me through an existing wound I had just moved to the area with and unlike other surgeons, he did what he could to avoid yet another round of surgery for me instead of blaming my troubles on my prior doctors and jumping right to the OR. It took some time, but he made a huge difference in what had been a very troublesome, chronic wound and I'd go back to his office in a heartbeat if I ever need a surgeon again. I feel I should also add that the staff at the two offices I've been to we're so incredibly polite, too. They took great care of me when I would have to wait sometimes over an hour for someone to be able to pick me up after my apoinents.

November 30th, 2011
I am writing this because I have noticed that people only write reviews when they have had a negative experience. The satisfied people don't bother. I think Dr West was professional, caring, easy to talk with, gave good explanations, and I was completely satisfied. I would recommend him.

September 26th, 2011
Poor Advice
Dr. West told me he was confident all the cancer was removed during the surgery and no chemo or radiation was necessary. 18 months later, cancer has returned and must do chemo, radiation and 2 surgeries to fix my cancer this time.

March 3rd, 2011
Did not call and let me know about a second breast cancer!On my second vista after a cancer diagnosis, asked me how I was doing, and when I said I was having a hard time, he said, "you have to Accept the fact that you have cancer". NO KIDDING SMARTY PANTS!I should have left then, but I was so shocked and vulernable. I would not recommend him.shou

April 20th, 2010
lack of communication
Surgery was two hours late and Dr. West did not return to my room with results until the next day. One of my appointments was not scheduled. Still waiting for test results taken over a week ago. Prescribed same meds when was informed he was changing them.

May 10th, 2008
Good MD, but patient must have Thick Skin.
Surgery skills are excellent per medical professionals. Personality is good, but lacks sympathy. Office staff is excellent. Want a good surgeon, he is one, but suck up your feelings. He is CLEARLY uncomfortable with human emotions and does not have time for that.