Dr. Herbert Allen MD Patient Reviews

no change

August 31st, 2016
Pill mill
Was seeing Dr. Allen for my back,neck and shoulder all he would do would take x-rays and give me cortisone shots every three months for three years and the shots would work for a month and a half and I would still have a month and a half left before my next appointment couldn't get an appointment if I was hurting due to the amount of patients he would have and I would complain to the nurse and the office manager and then one day on my appointment I can't in paid my copay went to the back and waited forever for the dr. To come in and when he did he told me that I had failed a urine test and said he was no longer going to see me. I asked to see the test from the lab he did that I would get my result in a few days. Once my results came in from the lab it didn't show anything but what was prescribed to me by him and my general doctor. So to sum it up all he wants to do is take your money give you shots that don't fix the problem and if you complain then he tells you that you violated the drug policy that he has and when I confronted the office manager they said that it wasn't their decision and the dr never went over my labs to verify that what I had prescribed was a legitime prescription. So I changed to the orthopedic group in mobile and they did a mri on my shoulder and I had surgery to remove a spur that has been bothering me the whole time I was under his care. I spoke with the orthopedic Dr at the orthopedic group and told him that I had been seeing Dr. Allen for the problems and the response was if your just looking for narcotics he's the dr to see. I was pretty upset about how I got treated but it worked out for the best cause all it seemed he wanted to do was milk me and my insurance company for all he could get. So I hope that anyone who tread this understand that he doesn't want you to get better he just wants money. Thank you to the orthopedic group cause they care about there patients not about handing prescriptions out.

December 8th, 2015
Haven't been in several years but need go back

December 7th, 2015
Best in Mobile , Al
Honestly the best orthopedic I've ever seen , knows what he is talking about , will actually listen to u about your pain instead of telling u whats hurti g

September 13th, 2012
dangerous
Told him I had an past addition with ultram. He precribed LOTAB !!!! Are you kidding me. I don't think I will be seeing Dr. Allen again.

February 29th, 2012
Back in Mobile
He is my family's 3rd generation Doctor. He is excellent in every way. I haven't had to have surgery, just epidurals, but he did operate on my mother 2 x's. I have followed him from here to FL and back again. I am so glad he's back here somewhere off Cottage Hill Rd.

January 17th, 2012
Can't find him again! His office up and closed. I'm out of meds and no one knows where he is. Have spent the last couple of years trying to keep track of him.

October 20th, 2010
He has operated no me 4 times. I trust him completely.
Dr. Allen is a very caring and generous doctor who cares about the well being of his patience. Like all of us he can not please everyone but I trust him and value his care. I have never been to a doctor who took so much care and concern for me. He was not fired in Alabama and anyone who says that does not have the facts.

September 30th, 2010
This "butcher" Allen.... doesn't deserve to call himself a doctor
He crippled my husband, and ruined our lives. The last words uttered out of his mouth to us when told my husband's bowels were spilling out were"oh well, that's why they make Depends" He has been fired from the Clinic and affiliated hospital in AL, and "parted ways with the clinic and affiliated hospital in FL We hear he is trying now to open his own practice. Stay away from him... he is as incompetent as they can get. And will blame all of his mistakes on the patient's family. He has no ETHICS. And shows no remorse! He is a dispicalbe human being!!!! CARMA will surely catch up to him, if GOD doesn't get him first.

December 10th, 2008
do not see him
he has left me in excruciating pain for 6 weeks. I got a second opinion and the new doctor ordered me for surgery within 2 days of my first appointment with him. Dr. Allen's nurse has been very rude during my calls crying for help. I asked for a note to grant me an extension to complete my college courses due to severe pain and was denied. I have a ruptured disc at l4-l5 pressing into my nerves and spinal cord. I have still not heard from his office regarding my mri results and am scheduled for a laminectomy tomorrow.