A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Herbert Allen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Herbert Allen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Herbert Allen, MD is board certified in Dermatology and Dermatology - Dermatopathology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Acne Rosacea
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Allen graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Allen has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Allen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 15 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Herbert B. Allen practice?
Dr. Herbert Allen practices Dermatology and Dermatopathology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Haddon Heights, NJ.
See Philadelphia Dermatologists.