inactive

H V Braren MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Nashville, TN

1.8

September 25th, 2015
Dr. Braren is a very nice doctor to talk to and his staff are very friendly. I trusted his judgement on what my problem was and how to correct it. The surgery went well, but didnot correct the problem. Come to find out later he used a recalled mesh for the bladder sling surgery . I had a follow up visit a couple weeks later only to find out the surgery did not work and the doctor just told me we would need to do a different surgery in the fall and he put me on a medication to help control my bladder until then. I have not been able to go back for another appt. because my insurance was canceled and I can't afford his $200.00 for an office visit. He would not see me unless I paid the $200.00 so I had to cancel my last appt., that was 6 years ago and I'm still on that same medication. I like Dr. Braren as a person, but don't think I would recommend him for a doctor.

July 23rd, 2013
Horrible Experience
I went to the ER on Friday afternoon with a Kidney Stone, and since I did not have a Urologist, I was referred to Dr. Baren. It went down hill from there. So many things wrong... let me just point out the really bad parts.... 1. No one in his office took my vitals. I told him I had a high fever; however, this didn't seem to concern him. 2. I went in on a Monday, he told me could not do the surgery until next Monday. I can not live with pain (and a possible infection for another 7 days). 3. I went to another urologist on Tuesday. He was very concerned that I had a high fever. Was able to get me into surgery the same day (not 7 days later) and once he went inside me my kidney stone was covered in infections, so they could not blast it. He sent me home with a strong antibiotic for 10 days. Then will have to do it over again. The bad part, if I went with Dr. Baren, my infection would of never of been treated and it could of been very dangerous. I never put reviews in on this board; however, this is serious. I am sure the guys is a super nice guy... but what he did to me was bad.

August 10th, 2012
Office staff rude with terrible communication. I had a stent placed by Dr. Braren and on follow up visit he said he was unaware that I had a stent.

April 15th, 2012
NO INSURANCE
the rudest doc i have ever been to claimed he did not know i didn't have insurance it was a lie, he knew and refused to see me for my follow up for the stent he put in me in the hospital that was in jan, now i am stuck with this stent and no other doc will take it out because this rude ** put it in now i bleed everyday and i am in horrible pain and can't do a thing about it, the thought of suicide comes to mind so i can be done with this pain

October 2nd, 2011
I have never had a doctor's office, and this includes Dr. Braren himself, be so terribly and consistently RUDE to me! In addition, messages were not relayed, my phone calls were not returned and multiple times my appointments were cancelled but I was not informed until I arrived at his office! On top of that the receptionist lied and said she tried to call me about the cancellation but I knew she didn't because it would have shown up on my caller ID.Unfortunately Dr. Braren exhibits rudeness as well. I have found another urologist who is just as competent and I am receiving wonderful care.

August 3rd, 2011
THE WORST DOCTOR EVER! VERY RUDE! AND JUST SAYS THAT YOU NEED SURGERY SO HE CAN GET MORE MONEY! AND OFFICE STAFF DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

June 2nd, 2011
keep looking
I can not rate this Dr. low enough. From the time I approached the front desk and was greeted by someone who obviously hadn't a clue what was going on, she explained she was new, it gradually went down hill. Dr. Brarens "head nurse" as it turns out is a medical assistant with very poor grammar making me feel like I was entering an office in Appalachia intead of a "cutting edge practice". The Dr. himself was rude, didn"t listen to my concerns, yelled at other patients and his staff and was quick to write me a presciption and offer me a follow up appointment .....which I declined! It is my understanding as a TNCARE patient he is pretty much my only option so I choose to live with my problem before returning there. Thank GOD I don't have a life threatining condition.

May 14th, 2009
I don't think some of his office staff know what they are doing. I am now looking for another Urologists. I am upset because my PCP did not receive all of the report of testing that were completed. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm affraid that it takes too long for me to find another doctor that it might be to late.

September 10th, 2008
office staff
Once I finally got an apt. dr braren was wonderful as well as his nurse. However he told me he wanted to see me the next week. I called the office at least 5 times in a 3 week period ad still no apt. i had to threaten to take it to the next level in order to get my apt made.The dr is wonderful. i cant stress it enough But he needs new office staff. I am supposed to be scheduled to have a kidney removed and i was told by the burse she wold get to it when she could.she had the next day off(tuesday) and i was supposed to have my apt date by Monday. so if you need something done leave plenty of time when dealing w/ jis staff!