Dr. Herbert Engelhard III MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Chicago, IL

4.8

February 17th, 2012
Dr Engelhard had saved my 22 year daughter which she was walking a cross the street on sherdian rd. when a car hit her.He had to remove her left side of her skull to operate on the bleedng. She had a severed brain injury and she was in the ic for about 3 1/2 weeks. It was a very slow process on her conditions,but after year and half she is walking, roller blading and reading and relearning her math. Her goal is going to northwestern as a jornistist. That is a big goal but i do know she will try her best and I'm sure she will. If it wasn't for Dr. Englelhard, I really don't want to realize what could of happen. Dr Englehard in our large family he is well respected and we will always be great to you....

March 19th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
While I may have spent more than an hour waiting to see the doctor, I think it was because he decided to spend more time with me and took the appointment after mine first.I was dianosed with a brain tumor and he spent 4-5 hours with my wife and I, AFTER HOURS. Who would think any doctor, in this day and age would do this. I won't forget it. He also reversed an earlier misdiagnosis by a different doctor.I appreciated his time, effort and concern and find it hard to beilieve someone else gave a questionable rating. This doctor is wonderful and I was very thankful for him and his time.

January 31st, 2011
I was diagnosed with a broken back. There is one staff member who I have only spoken with on the phone, that is extremely rude! The rest of the staff is very nice. My very first appointment the doctor was very busy and did not spend alot of time with me. On my first follow up appointment, he wasn't as busy and the doctors bed-side manner was much better! The next time that I saw him was in my recovery room after surgery. I guess we will see how many of his promises come through. Dr. Engelhard was extremely patient with me, and offered as much help and assistance as I needed during the recovery weeks/months.

November 8th, 2010
treats patients like idiots. bullies other physicians with differing opinions.