Dr. Herbert Goodheart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Herbert Goodheart?

March 15th, 2016

Put me instantly at ease.

March 5th, 2013

Simply Doesn't Listen

I had the misfortune to meet Dr. Goodheart at Elmhurst Hospital Center after being referred to his dermatology clinic there from the hospital's emergency room. I had pustular psoriasis and I've had it before in 1996 though I was much worse then. At that time I was treated with very low-level chemotherapy which essentially ended my bout with pustular psoriasis within 10.5 hours. Unfortunately Dr. Goodheart instead prescribed a one lb. tub of a steroid in ointment; the messiness of this versus the handiness of taking three small pills over 24 hours cannot be overstated; I have to bathe and while my body is still moist I have to cover myself with this steroid ointment. The side-effects of the steroid being applied twice a day for the last two weeks to such a large portion of my body cannot be understated; steroids destroy sleep; I've been averaging 4 hours, at best, every 48 hours; this is not good for both my mental and physical health; I've been having mild hallucinations from what I would suppose is lack of sleep. That and steroids can induce varying degrees of psychosis; my temper has been incredibly short. Another issue is that steroids also increase appetite; Goodheart knows I'm diabetic but he seems to have no qualms about the way this drug has changed my eating pattern. These are all, to me, very serious quality of life issues but Dr. Goodheart doesn't seem to care about my opinion of my care this way; he simply doesn't listen and just argues with me and insists that what he's doing is correct. His practice is in Fishkill, NY and he's also associated with Mt. Sinai Medical Center; his credentials, overall, seem quite credible but I personally think he's a terrible doctor.

November 30th, 2012

Mrs. Patricia Gilman

He was the only dermatologist that could help my skin disorder. I would highly recommend him1

March 30th, 2017