A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Herbert Okun:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Herbert Okun is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Herbert Okun, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- General Urology
Education & Awards
Dr. Okun graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Okun has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookdale Hospital Medical Center
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
- New York Community Hosp Of Br00klyn
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Okun accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Evercare - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Herbert Okun practice?
Dr. Herbert Okun practices Urology near Brooklyn, NY.
See Brooklyn Urologists.