A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Herbert Phelan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Herbert Phelan is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Herbert Phelan, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Phelan graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Phelan has 10 hospital affiliations:
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Phelan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 1 plan
- Cigna - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Herbert A. Phelan practice?
Dr. Herbert Phelan practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Surgeons.