Orthopaedic Surgeon, Spine Surgery
DMC Orthopaedic Spine Surgery
201 W Big Beaver Rd Ste 1060
Troy, MI 48084
248-457-9190
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Trust and Ethical Issues  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Herbert Roth Jr. misguided a pedicle screw through my healthy disc and failed to disclose his mistake when I specifically asked him how things went the day after my surgery. I discovered the misguided screw on my own, when viewing my intraoperative x-rays, the only existing record of the mishap. Later, when I confronted Dr. Roth, I felt like he downplayed the incident, as also did Troy Beaumont Hospital. For months, I wrote letters to Dr. Roth and the hospital seeking accountability, with zero satisfaction. Doctors are humans and make mistakes,but the way he handled the issue was unacceptable. We expect doctors to be honest, transparent and ethical. We trust them with our lives. A simple "we're sorry...we made a mistake, and we'll do what we can to help you deal with any health consequences as a result of the injury" would have been appropriate, but neither Dr. Roth nor the hospital could make such a gesture. I hope this review is helpful to others, whatever their decision may be.

|  cervical spine surgery  |  show details
May 21st, 2012

This was the only Doctor I trusted....I had c-spine fusion done and did awesome!!! I would recommend him as a highly qualified surgeon...would never go to any one else!!!!

|  Most curteous doctor I think I've ever encountered.  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2011

Took my teenage daughter to him for nagging back pain in L5 area that has not responded to treatment for 5 months. He reviewed and went over all her hospital tests, answered all our questions, showed us spots on the MRI and CT scan he was focusing in on. I was extremely impressed with his pleasant demeanor and the time he took with us. My daughter does not require surgery (thank goodness) but we will return to him for follow up in the future.

|  Spine surgery  |  show details
by A patient in Sanford on Jun 21st, 2009

Dr. Herbert Roth is definitely by far the best surgeon I have ever had (having had several other surgeons). Dr. Roth operated on my cervical spine and he is extremely competent and also compassionate. If you ever need to have surgery on your spine, it is definitely worth the effort to have Dr. Roth do it.