A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Herbert Somers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Herbert Somers, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Hot Flashes
Education & Awards
Dr. Somers graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Somers has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Jeanes Hospital
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Somers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Herbert J. Somers practice?
Dr. Herbert Somers practices Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Elkins Park, PA.
See Philadelphia Obstetricians & Gynecologists.