Dr. Herbert Thomas III Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Herbert Thomas III?

Very kind and thorough

Posted on March 5th, 2017

Fantastic surgeon

Posted on December 17th, 2016

He was fabulous and very informative to me.

A good surgeon

Posted on March 29th, 2013

Dr. Thomas was assigned to my friend's case and was nothing but supportive. I feel he allows the patient to fully participate in healthcare decisions. My friend broke her pelvis and he told her she would recover with or without surgery. She made the decision for surgery based on pain and information from the Dr. It seems like the right decision. I would totally disagree with the other review that the doctor is retired on the job. Dr. Thomas is very on top of his game and not apathetic in the least. He is a lower body ortho specialist so maybe that is the difference, or that person was resistant to options offered. Dr. Thomas has been a little serious at times and takes his job very seriously so bedside manner is a bit intense but he gets things done efficiently. He is a pleasant doctor to work with overall. Surgery was swift, controlled and successful. I would go to him myself and suggest him to other people.

Posted on October 18th, 2012

Very responsive, kind, caring and informative

Great job on our son's leg

Posted on October 10th, 2011

Dr. Thomas repaired our 5-year-old son's broken femur and he was excellent. His bedside manner with our son was great and he explained things in a manner that our son could understand and feel comfortable with. He spent a lot of time with our family and was always willing to take questions and follow-up. He was very patient and thorough. Our son fully recovered without any complications.

Patient

Posted on July 19th, 2011

Dr. Thomas completely blew my case (dislocated shoulder). Initial contact was 2 minutes. I was given a cloth sling and told to come back in 4 weeks. Another 2 minute session, I requested an MRI as no progress. Dr. Thomas resisted, saying it would show nothing, except a torn rotator cuff, which he dismissed on the basis of nothing ... no exam. I insisted, had an MRI same day. Without waiting for MRI results, he prescribed physical therapy. He too a full 8 days to advise me of the MRI results. Guess what? Full rotator cuff tear, requiring surgery. In the meantime I had begun physical therapy ... with a fully torn rotator cuff. I believe Dr. Thomas is retired in place, and should no longer be allowed to practice.

Posted on May 30th, 2017