Dr. Herbert User MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Orland Park, IL

May 4th, 2017
Time constraint
While this Dr. seemed nice enough, he just didn't seemed like he had time for me. He was in a hurry for some reason and I was rushed to get my questions answered.

April 12th, 2016
very good dr .
very good dr. brought wife in with urinary issues. dr. was htorough and helped us in just one visit

April 7th, 2016
The worst doctor to go to. He didn't like to listen to the patients. I don't totally advice to go to.

April 22nd, 2015
Dr. User diagnosed me accurately. He has a very nice and understanding nature.

February 9th, 2015
I had my surgery done by Dr. User . He is a very good doctor , . I am very disappointed that his staff didnt explain me or letting me know that he use the hospital wasn't in network for my insurance. I should feel better but now l dont know ?

September 26th, 2013
dr. user
good doctor and helped me with medical issues. thank you.

July 24th, 2013
Highly Skilled Doctor
I always try to review my experiences with doctors, hoping it will help someone. I have seen Dr. User for urinary and reproductive issues. I can say with confidence that he is the best urologist in the area. His treatment plans are always the solution to my problems. I have personally recommended him to three people and am grateful to have found him. One of the reviews below said that Dr. User is arrogant. To respond to that, I have seen doctors who are skilled and confident, and doctors who are more interested in being the "nice guy". I would rather have excellent care from the best doctor than average care from someone holding my hand the whole time. I hope this review was helpful to you.

June 21st, 2013
Great doctor
I have been seeing Dr. User for over one year. His office is very professional and the staff is respectful. But it is the doctor himself that is the reason I am where I am today. He is able to tell me exactly what is wrong without confusing me. He is straight to the point and excellent at what he does.

April 15th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
My first visit to Dr. User was to confirm that I had kidney cancer. I was very apprehensive before my appointment. I immediately felt at ease after talking with him and knew I had the best doctor. He answered every question in terms that were easily understood. At no time did I feel that he was getting tired of answering my questions or that he thought my questions were dumb. When you ask him a question, he gives you a straight answer. After my surgery, he met with 5 members of my family and answered every one of their questions. They were very impressed with him. I have been a patient of his for 9 years and I would highly recommend him.

August 6th, 2012
Great doctor
I've seen doctor user for years starting with kidney stones to a vasectomy, and now low-t. He is straight with me and speaks in terms i undertand. He cuts to the chase and is a little monotone, which I guess could be interpreted as arrogant, but I don't take it that way. Appointments are easy to schedule and the office always calls me back when I leave a message. I'd highly recommend him for getting your needs taken care of in a professional manner. If you want to be coddled, go somewhere else, but if you want quality care come see him.

August 12th, 2011
Arrogant
I saw Dr. User because my PSA was high. I had all the tests and found out I had prostate cancer. Dr. User was extremely arrogant and cocky; gave me the news in a very non-caring manner. He has absolutely no compassion for his patients and I would not recommend him to anyone. Very disappointing doctor!

May 23rd, 2011
Arrogant and distant. I saw him three times. The first, he asked me about my pain and I began to describe it and where the location was specifically which had been confirmed by a CAT scan at the hospital. He responded "I didn't _ask_ about your CAT scan / other doctors / something along those lines" in a very rude tone of voice. The second time, I told him I had been straining for my kidney stone but had not caught anything. After describing a recent pain, he told me it sounded like I passed it and that we were done. I hadn't even told him yet how I still had blood in my urine, and after I did he said "Oh. Well it sounds like it's still there." He sent me for two tests -- the KUB was too blurry to see anything, so I brought in my results from an ultrasound on a disc with images and a typed report. I waited over 45 minutes to see him and all he did was walk in and tell me he didn't see anything in the images and that the process was complete. However -- if he had loaded the disc instead of just looking at the typed report, he would have seen that the doctor had noted on both the images and a scanned hand-written report that there was a 3.6x4mm mass remaining in my left kidney that the technician identified as a stone or AML tumor. I brought this to the User's attention and he told me to show him the typed results again. When I informed him that the information on the disc was different, he disregarded me telling me -AGAIN- that we were done and if I had any other problems to call his office (I won't be). Since then, I have again felt pressure while urinating and more aching in my lower back. I am going to contact the location that conducted my tests and get a second opinion.