Dr. Herman Heikkenen MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2017
I have had enough of his unprofessional behavior and attitude. His condescending attitude, his phony computer transcriptions, his fits of anger, and his complete disregard for his patients garners him no respect and no credibility. Judging from his reviews many others feel the same way.

July 10th, 2017
You are a number
One diagnosis treats all. Doesn't look at the total picture or ask obvious questions. Jumps to conclusions. In a hurry. Traffic director. Refers you to multiple doctors even if not warranted. Very old fashion and by the book. Doesn't think outside the box. His staff is good.

April 4th, 2017
Very thorough. Very compassionate.

January 30th, 2017
GREAT TO THE POINT
IF YOU WANT A DR TO THE POINT HE IS IT

January 3rd, 2017
Avoid. Turn Back. Don't see this doctor.
Horrible. I was interviewed even to be considered as a new patient. They said they would get back to me in a few days. I hear nothing. I call back 15 days later. They can't find my paperwork. Ten minutes later they find it, and say I was turned down as a new patient. These people are morons. Don't use this doctor.

June 9th, 2016
Best Diagnostician
Saved my life. Didn't want a chest x-ray, but guess what? He found that I had a enlarged heart. After following all treatment, heart has returned to normal. Go to a doctor that knows a lot, knows what to tell you....then do it. You chose a phyician to heal you, not for you to tell him. Very HIGHLY recommended. Those comments from negative people are not to be believed. I trust in him and will follow his instructions and recommendations. ALWAYS.

May 8th, 2016
Fine practitioner
I am a relatively new patient of Dr Heikkenen and am somewhat astounded at his reviews. His office staff has always been courteous to me, my appointment time has been kept as promptly as a general practitioner can be and I have been treated always with great respect. Yes he did order several test of which I am gratefully. Because of his alertness a serious condition was found, he arranged for two specialist and followed me through the system. I have now gone through three hours of surgery that were definitely life threatening. He will remain my physician and I recommend him very highly.

April 21st, 2016
Refuse of service

April 9th, 2015
Dr. Heikkenen is paternalistic and condescending. He made two referrals for specialists for me without consulting me and then became angry when I informed him that I would not be keeping the appointments, He also asked leading questions regarding my health and then ordered labs and tests that I believe were not needed.

March 9th, 2015
All in All A Good Doctor!
He is a very nice guy, I think he is a good doctor, just that he seem to rush you at times.

November 17th, 2014
Went to this dr. once with a very sore throat- I told him I thought I had strep - waited for close to an hour, during which time the dr came out to the waiting room and started to complain to his staff about another patient- calling her names and saying how stupid she was because she asked him a question. When I finally got in there he ordered a million tests including chest xrays, tried to get me to change to a new gynecologist of his referral even after I told him I was very happy with the one I had, and never once looked at my throat. The nurse or assistant or whoever had to remind him to and when he did he said "oh, does your throat hurt?" I said yes, that's why I'm here. And he proceeded to tell me I had strep throat.

April 27th, 2011
This crook orders unnecessary examinations, ie. Chest x-ray for a cough I never had. As a patient I have the right to decline these exams, especially when he is requesting me to be exposed to unnecessary radiation thereby increasing my lifetime dose. He became upset when I declined the unnecessary exams, and told me I need psychiatric help. He is very unprofessional and only interested in making money off of people. I DO NOT recommend this so called doctor.