Dr. Herman Heikkenen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 9th, 2016
Best Diagnostician
Saved my life. Didn't want a chest x-ray, but guess what? He found that I had a enlarged heart. After following all treatment, heart has returned to normal. Go to a doctor that knows a lot, knows what to tell you....then do it. You chose a phyician to heal you, not for you to tell him. Very HIGHLY recommended. Those comments from negative people are not to be believed. I trust in him and will follow his instructions and recommendations. ALWAYS.

May 7th, 2016
Fine practitioner
I am a relatively new patient of Dr Heikkenen and am somewhat astounded at his reviews. His office staff has always been courteous to me, my appointment time has been kept as promptly as a general practitioner can be and I have been treated always with great respect. Yes he did order several test of which I am gratefully. Because of his alertness a serious condition was found, he arranged for two specialist and followed me through the system. I have now gone through three hours of surgery that were definitely life threatening. He will remain my physician and I recommend him very highly.

April 21st, 2016
Refuse of service

April 8th, 2015
Dr. Heikkenen is paternalistic and condescending. He made two referrals for specialists for me without consulting me and then became angry when I informed him that I would not be keeping the appointments, He also asked leading questions regarding my health and then ordered labs and tests that I believe were not needed.

March 9th, 2015
All in All A Good Doctor!
He is a very nice guy, I think he is a good doctor, just that he seem to rush you at times.

November 17th, 2014
Went to this dr. once with a very sore throat- I told him I thought I had strep - waited for close to an hour, during which time the dr came out to the waiting room and started to complain to his staff about another patient- calling her names and saying how stupid she was because she asked him a question. When I finally got in there he ordered a million tests including chest xrays, tried to get me to change to a new gynecologist of his referral even after I told him I was very happy with the one I had, and never once looked at my throat. The nurse or assistant or whoever had to remind him to and when he did he said "oh, does your throat hurt?" I said yes, that's why I'm here. And he proceeded to tell me I had strep throat.

March 29th, 2013
a VERY CARING MAN.

April 27th, 2011
This crook orders unnecessary examinations, ie. Chest x-ray for a cough I never had. As a patient I have the right to decline these exams, especially when he is requesting me to be exposed to unnecessary radiation thereby increasing my lifetime dose. He became upset when I declined the unnecessary exams, and told me I need psychiatric help. He is very unprofessional and only interested in making money off of people. I DO NOT recommend this so called doctor.

February 11th, 2011
This was the dirtiest office I have ever been in.

February 2nd, 2011
AWESOME
I have switched to this doctor recently. He accepted me right away and got me a appointment right away. He is very nice and tended to my needs. He orded new test and everything you can think of and it was great found out that there is nothing wrong as was told by a previous doctor. I was on 3 different meds and now he told me only to take one the others were not needed. He sat down and explained every test in real people terms. He is stright up and does the old fashion way like doctors use to be. Very pleased!! Highly recommended!!

June 4th, 2010
Knowledgeable, thorough, and caring doctor. Friendly and helpful staff. Short wait time, quick to get back to me regarding tests, correct diagnosis and effective treatment. I will continue to choose Dr Heikkenen as my health care provider and would recommend Dr Heikkenen to others. Bedside manner could be described as "Offbeat sense of humor, but with a refreshing I'm just a regular guy attitude."

May 6th, 2010
Good Doctor
Dr. Heikkenen is one of the better doctors I have encountered. I would agree that he likes to order a lot of tests, some might complain, others might say that he is being thorough, I would go with the latter. If you have a common ailment he will treat it or prescribe the necessary drugs. If you have a heart condition he will refer you to a heart specialist, GASP, guess what, that is what GENERAL PRACTICE PHYSICIANS do.I suspect that his sense of humor (crazy that a doctor has one eh?) which I would consider sarcastic probably rubs some folks the wrong way, hence the mixed reviews. So if you have no sense of humor avoid this doctor... if you like your doctor to be personable and thorough then visit this doctor.