Dr. Herman Thompson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 7th, 2016
Money hungry doctor
I went in for a skin screening appointment in August. The doctor took off three different moles, which seems like he always takes off three at every visit, and I left to go home. Dr Thompson then called me to come back in for another appointment saying something along the lines of "after looking at the skin sample, it looks like we didn't get some of the borders of the mole the first time". I came back in but had just left my company to go to school full time and did not have insurance at that moment. Come to find out that they charged me for a second appointment, even though it wouldn't have been necessary if done the first time, and refused to take it off my billing saying "all doctors would have done this"... He struck me before this instance as someone who will do everything possible to charge the insurance company, and this instance finally confirms it. Usually the young doctors are the ones who do this so it is unusual for him to be the same way. Also, he cut into a healing scar that made the scar much worse and very prevalent.

May 16th, 2016
HORRIBLE Office Staff!! After initial visit, our insurance company requested authorization for a prescription. Between me, my husband and our pharmacy, we have tried to contact the nurse, Dr. Thompson or the office manager for 4 months. Requests for authorization from our insurance company and pharmacy have been faxed for convenience, nothing returned. When messages are left on the nurse line, calls are not returned. I have left many messages for Dr. Thompson or Office Manager with the front desk assistant, GiGi, calls have never been returned. Finally GiGi explains due to the time line, my husband would have to schedule another visit to get his original prescription filled. When I voiced my opinion about the possibility of extortion, she no longer accept my calls. With each excuse I'm told the office is short-handed because they have a nurse out due to surgery. Obviously she is the only one that works at this office. Maybe I'll get a call when she returns.

March 31st, 2015
Wonderful gentleman, very informative and helpful.

October 1st, 2013
Paralegal
Great office staff, friendly, short wait, Dr.Thompson is a spectacular doctor and always has the right diagnosis! Dr. Thompson loves what he does and it shows !