Dr. Herme Sylora Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Herme Sylora?

Terrible Physician

Posted on June 9th, 2013

Encountered Dr. Sylora for the first time in ER. I was accompanying an older male relative with an acute urinary retention problem that needed emergency attention. I have worked with physicians for many years and can honestly say that Dr. Sylora's manner, professionalism and technique were inexcusable. He attended to my relative only because my relative's urologist is his partner and was unable to come to the ER. Dr. Sylora was clearly furious that he had to come to the ER and subsequently performed a procedure on my relative in a too hasty and traumatizing way, causing extensive, unnecessary pain and bleeding. He never took a moment to explain what he was going to do and refused to answer questions. I could continue but think that this synopsis provides enough information to back-up my opinion - do not allow this physician to provide services to you or a family member. It is regrettable that he is on LCMH staff because my other with LCMH's primary care physicians and nursing team has been very positive.

Stay away from this doctor

Posted on March 24th, 2010

Was referred by the ER after a possible kidney stone. He was more interested in talking about my other health issues, and telling me several times that I am going to die from diabetes (but later told me my kidneys are perfectly healthy). Would not address me directly but was looking at my husband when he was talking(maybe he's a chauvanist, or maybe he didn't want to see my crying - even when I was crying he continued belittling me and telling me I am going to die). He even called me "abnormmal"!!! I had to ask HIM why I had the pain I had, and he said he can't make a kidney stone appear if its not there - as if I was lying about the pain. I asked what I could do to not have the pain again and he told me to drink water. Told me I have a kidney cyst but would not give any more information (I had to look it up when I got home). Finally told me that my kidneys are perfectly healthy - I went from being on the brink of death to being perfectly healthy in 10 minutes! I would suggest that all patients stay away from this doctor. He is completely irresponsible (delivering a diagnosis of a kidney cyst, then refusing to give any more information about it) and has the worst possible bedside manner!

Posted on November 2nd, 2015