Dr. Hernan Castro-Rueda MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2017
Office Doesn't Understand the Term Customer Service!
I showed up at my scheduled appointment in extreme pain from my left knee. Before coming I had gotten knee xrays. I moved mountains to attempt to get to my appointment this morning on time. I came in 10 minutes late and was told I had to reschedule. I was shocked. I've been seeing various doctors for decades now and have NEVER been told I had to reschedule when a mere 10 minutes late. I would understand 15 minutes but in light of doctor's habits of keeping patients waiting upwards to an hour and more, I could not believe they would have a 10 minutes policy. When I asked a few times what accommodations they made for patients who were kept waiting by the doctor for more than 10 minutes, I got no answer. Obviously the patients' time is a lot less important to them. The office manager (April?) obviously didn't care at all when I talked to her. Her attitude was cold and bordering on rude. I guess because there are a limited number of rheumatologists in this area they place no emphasis on customer service. Having a background in sales, I'm always shocked when businesses have such unfriendly policies and attitudes toward their customers.

May 12th, 2016
Great bedside manners. Made me feel comfortable with my questions and concerns.

September 11th, 2013
Ph D
I had a very good experience with Dr. Castro- Rueda regarding my joint and inflammation pain. It got really bad and debilitating... I realized I needed a rheumatologist. I felt he really cared and carefully listened and asked me multiple questions about my symptoms, ordered needed test before selecting appropriate treatment and medication. I have been almost pain and inflammation free for a year now, depending on the weather conditions I take aspirins to ease the pain and that is enough, Dr. Castro-Rueda monitors my progress every 6 months with blood work and office check ups.

August 2nd, 2012
Asymmetrical Relationship With Patients
I was 12 minutes late for an appointment and was turned away. I rescheduled the next day. I showed up 10 minutes early but did not get called out of the waiting room until 12 minutes after my appointment time. I got up expressed my extreme dissatisfaction and left. Obviously Dr. Castro-Rueda expects behavior from his patients that does not apply to him.

November 3rd, 2016