Dr. Hernan Vargas MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017
They Should Clone Him
One dissatisfied patient is leaving multiple reviews on all the websites. I don't discount her experience. I'll just say she's the outlier. I drive 46 miles RT for my annual checkup and consider the drive totally worthwhile for the incredible standard of care I receive when I arrive. Dr. Vargas isn't just a "doctor." He's kind of a priest - he treats his work like a sacred calling and his expertise and surgical skill are infused with, and enhanced by, a rare spiritual dedication and humanity that I'm struggling to describe. All I can say is, if you are told you need to see a breast surgeon, this is the one to see. Period.

January 26th, 2017
Efficient...Quality Care
Physician Never Made Myself feel rushed. He explained My Patient care needs to Myself with dignity, respect and concerns about My health

April 13th, 2016
So much more than 'just' a surgeon
Dr. Vargas is the most extraordinary clinician it has ever been my privilege to know. He appears to regard the care of his patients as a sacred calling. He treats you as a whole person, not just a clinical case, and always with respect and compassion. He NEVER makes you feel rushed. He's also a meticulous and gentle surgeon who leaves scars others deem "the work of an artist." If you are facing a possible breast cancer diagnosis, see Dr. Vargas.

January 29th, 2016
Terribly doctor
Condescending manner. Told me my treatment choice was up to me, then decided to actually read my records. Didn't tell me he had changed his mind until my pre-surgery appointment. Put my family and me through the wringer. Would never recommend this doctor.

August 20th, 2015
Dr. Vargus saved my life. He is an excellent skilled surgeon with a great bed side manner. His support staff, Mary is awesome too.

May 26th, 2015
Dr. Vargus was my breast cancer surgeon. I cannot say enough good things about him. He was my hero and still is.

January 20th, 2015
Misleading - cost me weeks in treatment
I was referred to Dr. Vargas by many people. I was scared at our first appointment, but he was very reassuring and offered me the option of lumpectomy or mastectomy because my cancer, while small, is very hard to detect. After meeting with an oncologist and plastic surgeon, I decided my best option was mastectomy. At our pre-op appointment, Dr. Vargas informed me that he had changed his mind and would not perform a mastectomy. There was no new information, he had just changed his mind. I was scheduled for surgery in 6 days! He should have told me earlier that he had changed his mind. I spent 2 weeks getting psychologically and physically prepared for surgery. And my family and friends have also gotten themselves prepared. Now I have to find a new surgeon to get another opinion and hope that "early and very small" continues to be "early and very small." I would not trust him with anything.

December 30th, 2014
I had two suspicious mammograms and was referred to Dr. Vargas. I was immediately impressed with his kind manner and his gentle but thorough explanations about future possibilities. I knew that if my biopsy was to show Cancer, he was the doctor under whose care I wanted to be. It turned out to be DCIS and Dr. Vargas and his staff took excellent care of me. I am very pleased and happy with the results and highly recommend Dr. Vargas.

August 1st, 2014
Wonderful surgeon!
An incredible surgeon and incredible human being! He spent over two hours with my husband and me going over the test results of my mammogram and biopsy and the options for treatment that I had. The result was that we no longer felt as if cancer had taken over our lives, but that we had control and recourse to fight this disease . As of today, I am cancer free and feeling great ! Dr. Vargas is truly a God-send!

April 18th, 2013
Highly Recommend Dr. Vargas
I was diagnosed with cancer/ DCIS and like any person hearing the word cancer for the first time I was not sure where to turn. Dr. Vargas was recommended and I am so glad I was led to his office. If you are interviewing Doctors, I am sure that once you consult with Dr. Vargas the selection process will stop with him. He was great in all categories... Where to turn.

March 19th, 2013
One of a kind
I researched several breast cancer surgeons to find the best. I made an appointment for a consult visit with Dr. Vargas. I had a list of 20 questions for him. He listened to my circumstances, reviewed my records, and then discussed all the options available to me. I chose him as my surgeon after one visit. He is an exceptional surgeon and man. He listens to patients and is never rushed. I had a complication after surgery and had a second surgery two weeks later. Dr. Vargas did an excellent job both times. He is truly one of a kind and deserves his Top Doctor status!

July 13th, 2012
Glad my doctor said to only go to him
Couldn't have asked for better; so glad he did my surgery!