Dr. Hiep Tran Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hiep Tran?

Insomnia

Get the facts about insomnia, including the different types, who gets it, and what causes it.

Have you seen Dr. Hiep Tran?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

August 17th, 2017

Unscrupulously Unethical

Let us begin by saying that in nearly two years my wife has only seen Dr. Tran on two actual instances. My wife usually meets with the RA's that we'll call by the first letter of their names. Mr. J can be a bit standoffish but good hearted and seems to understand what is going on. Mrs. C seems to be the henchwoman previously mentioned as gruf (gruff) in another review. So in all this time my wife had been getting injections at different intervals and of course she has been on Tylenol 4. (opiod, yes... Hardcore NO). So we come to earlier this year. On 4/3/17 my wife underwent knee surgery. That went swimmingly well. (Dr. Reeve is brilliant at what he does). However, in the process my wife's foot was broken. Unbeknownst to everyone. Even though the Surgeon "Dr. Reeve did advise to have it x-rayed.. Unfortunately the x-ray did not show anything from that angle." So let's get back to what matters. My wife was provided pain medication by the surgeon due to the surgery. My wife was under the understanding that she would notify Dr. Tran if was provided anything else, so that her normal medication could be adjusted accordingly. No big deal. Apparently my wife doesn't notify the office soon enough. Meaning Apparently Dr.. Tran expected my wife to call him immediately and let him know about medication after she had gotten out of surgery. Does that sound reasonable. She just got out of Knee Surgery, although spendidly done, she was still out of it for a day. Whatever, right. No big deal. My wife signs some paper stating again. "If she is prescribed something else, that she is to notify Dr. Tran immediately..." Going back to the foot, as I mentioned the foot was broken as well. Dr. Noehiro Shibuya did a fine job placing screws into my wife's foot. I'll write reviews about him and Reeve's later. Sufficed to say. my Wife again was prescribed some pain medication. Again she notified Dr. Tran. So again they adjusted the date at which my wife could pick up her normal prescription. No big deal. My wife is not some junkie. We understood, that it makes sense. Come last month, I was with my wife at her appointment where they acknowledged that she did the right thing by providing the information about her additional medication. Keep in mind my wife mentioned this to both surgeons who advised that it did not make any sense that Dr. TRAN would really hold that against her, but whatever.... Now I was at work when my wife went to her appointment today: So my wife goes into her appointment today 8.16.17. Where she is told that they will no longer prescribe her the medication that has been helping her. I stated "Helping to manage the Pain" So anyhow, the office utilizes the excuse of. You broke our pain contract, so we are done with you.... In short terms... My wife pointed out that I followed your instructions, so how did I violate the terms.. Anyhow, I called my wife. to come get me from work. To shorten this up a bit we requested to have Dr. TRANS TX Doctor License provided to us over the phone. Being that it was not gotten while there. We were put on hold for several minutes. (my phone records can attest to this). The actual recording can attest to everything I say next: "The next thing I have is a woman coming back on the line stating that she cannot provide that information." -(keep in mind my wife had to ID herself when she called, so the Dr. Already knew there was a problem).- I confront the woman and tell her that "we have the right to know that information so that I may file a proper complaint with the Texas Medical Board." I gave the woman an out. I asked her again to provide the information to me. (I'm not certain about this next part, but it should be obligatory for a Dr. to Provide their license number upon request. Just like a Police Office will gladly oblige you with their badge number). Anyhow I contacted Scott and White patient relations and notified them of what Dr. TRAN did, through email, because I was upset. You don't want to see your loved one distraught. When the representative from Scott and White patient relations called back, I was leaving to go back to work. Here is what happened next from my wife: The good Dr. TRAN backpedals and mentions something about how my wife is not a good candidate for that medication. Then back to how my wife violated her contract, even though she didn't. They tried to make my wife sound bad to the Patient Relations person. Sufficed to say my wife will live, but there is no reason for her to have to go through opioid withdrawals in the first place, as she should still have them. They helped manage her pain, they never got rid of it. Keep this in mind when considering Dr. TRAN. How would you like to see your loved one go through multiple surgeries be barely given enough pain medication to actually push through it and smile because she thought she was doing the right thing by Dr. TRAN. Keep in mind there were times after the two surgeries that she cried because she did not really have enough medication to deal with that level pain at that time. Not because she was some abuser, but because the pain was so great. I've come to realize that my wife had the wrong Doctor. There are Doctors that probably would have prescribed her something other than Tylenol 4 and taken into consideration that she just had two surgeries as well. The second one was a result of the first one and ever since the first one my wife had a broken foot until it was screwed back together in the second surgery. (hopefully you got that) My wife was happy with what she got. How irresponsible is a doctor that just cold drops his patients off of prescription narcotics, especially when the patient did everything right.... How irresponsible indeed... I wish we had read these reviews years ago.... For anyone else who might have a complaint for this guy his Texas license number is M3099 I'll be going to internal Scott & White to seek remedy and through the Texas Medical Board to file a claim, which is why I wanted his Texas License number in the first place. (remember, I have a recording of his secretary refusing to provide this information to me." -on my ipod Keep in mind this is publicly available information. I did not know this at the time, but what right does they have to refuse it?) I also wanted to be honest so that you folks out there can make an educated decision, which is why I gave you so many details... I will post this everywhere, because it is true...

September 26th, 2016

Don't do it

I never saw the Dr. I wanted a second opinion. What I received was a very gruff PA who was literally trying to tell me that I did not have a diagnosis that a Dr. had given me. Upon her physical exam she was yanking on my clothing trying to see the scars from my surgical procedures. I provided feed back to S/W and told them I would never recommend nor see this office based on the PA. I never got a second opinion and never went back...just wasted time and money. This was in Killeen office.

January 19th, 2013

Waited well over an hour

Wait time about 90 minutes in my case..I don't understand why this facility considers itself a speciality of Pain Management..I would rather go to a family practice physician..Not sure this office is capable of handling moderate to moderately difficult cases..Honestly I found the vist a complete waste of time and financial resources..The staff was fairly nice..

December 10th, 2011

UNETHICAL!!!!!! WORSSSST!!!

-WRONG PROFESSION-DOESN'T LISTEN TO PATIENT-DOESN'T BELIEVE IN PAIN MEDICINE-TRIES TO INJECT THE WRONG THING WHILE ALLERGIC TO IT!!!-DIAGNOSISES YOU WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THE PROBLEM -TRIES TO RUSH YOUR APPOINTMENT-MAKES YOU WAIT FOREVER TO BE SEEN AND THEN RUSHES YOU OUT WHEN YOU FINALLY GET YOUR TURN-LIES ABOUT YOUR CONDITION TO OTHER DOCTORS WHEN TRYING TO SWITCH TO SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE YOUR TIRED OF HIS CRAP!!!BOTTOM LINE IS DR. TRAN OR HIEP TRAN SHOULD I SAY (SINCE HE DOESN'T PRESENT HIMSELF AS A DOCTOR) IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HIM! AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND YOU GO EITHER!

April 15th, 2016