Dr. Hildegarde Schone Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hildegarde Schone?

Remembering...

Posted on October 13th, 2015

My three children are all grown. In fact, I now have three grandchildren. But I often think of Dr. Schone and how wonderful she was to/for my children. She led us through all the childhood sicknesses and injuries and was NEVER off the mark with her care. Our family trusted her completely. At one time we worried about our youngest daughter's jaw and looked into corrective surgery. I talked to Dr. Schone about it and she, looking at my daughter, said, " She is perfect. Nothing needs to be fixed". She was so right and I'm so glad we followed her advise. After all these years I still think of Dr. Schone as one of my family's biggest blessings.

You are surely blessed if she's your Dr.

Posted on August 28th, 2015

Dr Schone is a most caring, able and empowering pediatrician one can find. Parents and children will be blessed to have her. When my daughter was born I was a educated, loving mom, nonetheless, a first-time parent. Dr Schone taught me how to know my baby and to trust my instincts. Once I called and said something's wrong, but my daughter didn't display any usual symptoms. I brought her right in. She had an ear infection. No fever, not cranky, no ear rubbing or pulling. Dr Schone told me she trusted my saying "Something's wrong." more than a symptom. I owe the health of my children to her. My children like her very much. Going to the doctor isn't a source of fear or apprehension for my children. One last thing: she's honest with them. If it's going to hurt she tells them. My children trust her and are very comfortable with her and her supporting team.

Posted on February 23rd, 2009

Dr. Schone is awesome. My family has been going to her basically her entire career. Both my brother and I saw her. All five of my cousins saw her. And now all of our kids see her. She is very straight forward and won't take any bureaucratic mess from anyone. She truly has her patient's best interest at heart. Back in the mid 70s, my little brother (who was four at the time) got pneumonia and needed to stay in the hospital over night. Back then, Portland Adventist Hospital didn't let anyone (parents) stay in the room with the patient. Dr. Schone raised one heck of a stink about that. Needless to say...my mother was able to stay with my brother in his room. The even brought in a bed for her.

Posted on December 2nd, 2014