A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hillel Laks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hillel Laks is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hillel Laks, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Funnel Chest (Pectus Excavatum)
- Heart Block
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Lung Transplantation
- Pericardial Window Techniques
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Laks graduated from University Of The Witwatersrand, Parktown. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Laks has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Garfield Medical Center
- UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Laks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 4 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hillel Laks practice?
Dr. Hillel Laks practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Pediatrics, Transplant Surgery, Adult Medicine, and Cardiovascular Disease near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons, Los Angeles Pediatricians, Los Angeles Family Physicians, and Los Angeles Cardiologists.