Dr. Hima Tam Tam Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hima Tam Tam?

July 10th, 2017

Loved her, don't love the office staff

Dr. Tam Tam has gone above and beyond for myself and my husband over the past two years. She has been receptive to our concerns, answered our questions in depth, and a shoulder to cry on when pregnancies ended in miscarriage. She goes out of her way to accommodate you with appointment times and locations, both in her office and at the hospital. The staff and wait time in the office is a problem, however there were new faces on my most recent visit so hopefully things will improve.

April 20th, 2017

Fantastic doctor!

Dr. Tam Tam was incredible! She was always there when I needed her, gave us as much time as we needed, and answered all of our questions. She was realistic and careful but also calming and kind as we were very anxious during our last pregnancy. Highly recommend her!

November 15th, 2016

She's the BEST!!!!!

April 6th, 2016

Excellent physician

I was referred to NSH hospital by my obstetrician as I was too high risk for delivery in my local hospital. I think I met most of the MFM docs during my prolonged hospital stay. I can honestly say that Dr. Tam Tam was the best of them. She is intelligent and decisive and in my case this probably saved my baby. Based on conversations I overheard between residents and nurses it appears that they rely on Dr. Tam Tam when a difficult case is admitted. Contrary to prior reviews I think Dr. Tam Tam's bedside manner is excellent. She is very sincere and direct in the way she presents information and this helped me in making a quick decision about delivery that probably saved my baby's life. I will always remain thankful to her.

February 12th, 2016

She sucks

Honestly, no better way to describe her. She sucks - not a hello, not a reassuring word of encouragement. She honestly should not have a job working with pregnant women. I wish I had had the courage to have gone back in there to give her a piece of my mind about her horrible bedside manner. What's more, I didn't feel she was very well informed at all. She was wishy washy with all her answers and negated everything she said in a later statement. If you are cursed with having to deal with this doctor seek out a second opinion immediately. She will have you in tears before you leave the waiting room even if there is absolutely nothing wrong with your baby. She has a way of making a successful appointment sour!

March 31st, 2014

AWFUL

I would not recommend Dr. Tam Tam to my worst enemy. I do not need to be coddled but do expect some level of compassion and respect. She has the most horrendous bedside manner I've ever experienced and when dealing with the lives of pregnant women and their babies - PARTICULARLY when delivering unsettling news - that is important. She walks in the room with an attitude, not explaining what she is doing or what is going on, when it is apparent something is off. When questioned she will not touch on the situation, leaving your mind wander to every terrible possibility you can think up. When she finally discusses the matter, she leaves you fearing and expecting the worst, not in full understanding regardless of the questions you ask, as she tries to exit the room as soon as she can. Thankfully, I spoke with another physician before leaving that day as I felt physically ill and wrought with worry after my visit with her. As a former comment said, I too sincerely hope this post helps someone to avoid being seen by her.

September 4th, 2013

Great MD Hima Tam Tam

Dr. Tam Tam took great care of me during my high risk pregnancy. She is attentive and really knows what she is doing. I had a warm and wonderful experience with her. She is well educated, and very knowledgeable on high risk pregnancies. She is also personable and all around a good person! I'm grateful and blessed she cared for me and my child! Hope to see her soon with my next pregnancy!!

August 2nd, 2013

Just when you thought Doctors were caring!

Having had the unfortunate experience of having Dr. Tam Tam's clinical attention, I can truly say that ice cubes have a warmer bedside manner. While performing an ultrasound for this high risk mother, Dr. Tam feels no need to communicate any speech at all, leaving ones mind to wander how well things are proceeding with pregnancy. To top it off, Dr. Tam Tam takes none of the patients' personal considerations into account period - namely the waiting of over an hour and a half to be seen while she spends barely four minutes of her time dedicating less than half her attention to her patient. I was livid when she advised me to reschedule a sonogram because she could not observe the fetus in the correct orientation, having spent less than five minutes trying to do so or exploring an alternative aid such as walking about or taking a few minutes to allow the baby to move.

April 20th, 2013

THIS DOCTOR SUCKS!

After an ultrasound appointment, I had to meet with Dr. Tam Tam to discuss my results. I was SO excited to find out the sex of my baby. HOWEVER, after meeting with Dr. Tam Tam , she stole my joy. I felt like I was being forced to make life changing decisions about my child with insufficient information. NOT to mention, Dr. Tam Tam's attitude was COLD during the meeting as if she did not care. I I would recommend that Dr. Tam Tam receive intense sensitivity training when dealing with clients facing high risk pregnancies. It is hard enough for parents to be as myself to hear that you child(ren) might possible have an abnormality, but what is worse is to have a doctor like Dr. Tam Tam to deliver that news. I PRAY that this post helps someone!

January 20th, 2011

Excellent doctor

She took good care of me during my pregnancy and even came for delivery when she was not evn on call. Thank you Dr. Tam Tam

December 20th, 2016