Dr. Himanshu Agrawal MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2017
Worst experience of my life with a psychiatrist...
This psychiatrist is not fit for helping patients who are suffering with mental illnesses, such as anxiety and depression. I had one visit with him, and had trouble obtaining the medications that I had been prescribed over the course of over a decade from a previous psychiatrist, after switching healthcare. I now realize that I made a poor decision in choosing him to assess my needs, as he is not capable to do so in a professional manner, and I was denied the medication that I needed and had been prescribed previously. After calling the clinic, their suggestion was to go to an emergency room and that I was welcome to get a "second opinion." The ER doctor herself, told me I needed to continue to call and speak with his staff regarding him denying me my medication. I understand that part of this was my fault for being late for an appointment, because of an unexpected freeway closure, as well as a physical medical occurrence that had happened prior to what was to be our second appointment, where I was told I would then obtain my refills as needed. This never happened, as his nurse staff called on the day of my appointment and said that he was sick. We had several miscommunications, and he failed to directly relay back information to me and I was even told by his nurse staff that they would be making him aware of my "drug seeking behavior." Him being in charge and the rights of my medical history signed over to him, there should have not been this much of a delay, which was well over a month...until our next visit. Which when I finally did get to see him and talk things over, he refused to prescribe me anything besides a new medication that I hadn't been on prior to being under his care; this was an antidepressant that has not been working. Because of all of these grievances it has caused me to not be able to function properly on my full time job, and I also expressed this to him and showed him the paper work to back this up as well. He said a "consent form" was missing from what I brought in for him to document about my conditions and the effect they indeed have had as a result of this poor health care switch and not getting/being denied the medications that stabilize my mental health! He did nothing, and eventually I talked to the director of the facility he currently operates at. This has caused me much distress, and affected my current life situations as a result of him not taking my medical needs seriously and being dealt with appropriately. I would not advice anyone, especially dealing with anxiety/depression to be seen under his care. He does not have a sympathetic nature and was very misunderstanding through this whole ordeal.

October 6th, 2008
He has done wonders for me.

May 10th, 2017