Dr. Hing Wong Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Hing Wong?

No privacy! Doctor rushes through visit and CRAZY parking attendant.

Posted on August 28th, 2010

This is for the Chinatown location at Hill and Ord. VERY UNORGANIZED. The waiting time here is horrendous! His staff members are unprofessional. They don't seem to be aware of a patient's privacy as they broadcast test results to him/her in the patient waiting area where EVERYONE can hear. They also claim to do follow-up calls and chastises us for not answering. The only numbers I give are to my two cell phones and my mother's cell phone which will ALWAYS go to voice mail if I'm unable to answer personally. Never have we received any such call.The doctor himself is nice and personable, but rushes through everything and is not at all thorough. He doesn't ask if we have any questions, doesn't explain things and tells the nurses to escort patients out to the waiting area right after he does the normal checkup. We have to ask about certain test results ourselves that were taken the prior visit, and the nurses will reveal this info and more to you in front of everyone present. Oh, and the psycho parking attendant will harass the bejeezus out of you if you don't tip him! The doctor hired him and told us NOT to tip. One day, when I took my grandfather there the guy tells us we have a free hour AFTER seeing the doctor (this is cool since we usually go to the pharmacy next door afterward). We waited half an hour and the doctor goes to lunch even though we were the only patients there and we had an appointment. So we rescheduled for the afternoon right when they reopened. We were waiting for the doctor for a little over an hour and saw him less than 15 minutes. Total time 1 hr. 20 min. Coming back to our car, the attendant tells us we have to pay him $15 for a day's fee! We explain we were at the doctor's, then the guy starts yelling and screaming at us how we have to pay and it doesn't matter where we went and even mentioned how we were "here earlier and left 3 times" and curses at us in Vietnamese. Embellishing to add time to our total visit with the doctor so he can pocket some money!?!!? It's the principle of the thing, we were told something one minute and another the next minute! I don't mind paying if signs were posted and parking stubs were distributed, but none of that was ever in sight. Moreover, we were there WAITING for the doctor to see my grandfather! He's 93, has high blood pressure and a weak heart. It doesn't benefit him any to come see the doctor and then be harassed for it. Avoid this place all together if you can. It's not worth it.

Posted on November 26th, 2014