Dr. Hiralal Maheshwari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

May 16th, 2016
Just Terrible
Just terrible. Dr. has been missing for 5+ days. Office number keeps going to an answering service that didn't even know calls were being forwarded. I can't get the treatment that I need and no one can find the doctor or the office staff.

February 22nd, 2016
Can't communicate with pharmacy correctly or in timely manner. I'm a diabetic and have run out of insulin more than once because of him and his staff not responding quickly for refills

November 18th, 2015
Wouldn't go any where else
I was referred to Dr. Maheshwari from a friend who absolute loves him. I have never EVER had a doctor call me with results and he did. He spent time with me and actually listened. His Rn is equally amazing, and very funny and engaging. You can tell the medical staff really cares. The front staff is not as friendly as the Dr and Rn, but they're still okay.

August 6th, 2015
Everyone in office is great!! Excellent staff and physicain A+++

July 9th, 2015
In limbo
I went Dr. Maheshwari Because a friend had great results with him. Showed up for my appointment on time. I ended up waiting 45 minutes to only be led into a room and wait another 20 minutes. Finally, his assistant came in and took my information down and was talking about medications I would be put on. Whoa, medication I'd be on, really. Dr. Maheshwari, burst into the room touches my neck and proceeds to tell me I have nodgules on my thyroid and tells me I have to go for an ultrasound but not to worry only 3% are cancerous. Then leaves the room. Against my better judgement, I go and have the ultrasound done in his office a week later. To this day I have not received a call about my results. I have called, repeatedly, wanting my results; but I have gotten nothing. Oh, wait, I did get something. A bill for over $200. After insurance.

March 16th, 2015
Finally
I have only seen the doctor one time. I just relocated to the area and wanted to finally seen an endocrinologist. I was DX w/PCOS since my teens. I have always stuck to the OB/GYN for it, but was tired of not getting anywhere. Especially when it came to the TTC that has been going on for over 2 year. I brought my previous basic labs and after telling him of all my issues and how I HATE HATE metformin, since that is all I have been put on, I found out he is a metformin stickler. I told him I really hate taking any medication because I worry about what it will do to my body later. He said something no other dr has told me, but I am worried about what is happening to your body now, since you are not taking anything. That reverse psychology worked on it. But I am not on regular metformin. I am on the name brand Glumetza. It has been a life saver. Metformin IR and ER have been a nightmare. I had such awful stomach issues on metformin that I just could not deal with it. Dr said the Glumetza was similar but worked different. I asked about the cost and he said google and get the coupon for it to be $5. I gave in. He sent the RX off. He ran additional labs that no other dr I've asked to do have done. I've been on the Glumetza for a month, and I have not had any stomach issues. Not with the low dose, not with increasing the dose. Finally, a pill that is helping. My wait time was about 10 min to be called back. I had my weight/bp by an older woman. The check out is the worse. The lady that checks you in, also checks you out. She also handles calls. Lets just say she is not the fastest receptionist around. But in Crystal Lake, I have not been to a dr that does have one.

March 3rd, 2015
Never return
Spends absolutely no time with you. Yet bills your insurance for 30-45 min consult.

September 25th, 2014
Very caring, great bedside manner
He is an awesome Dr with a great bedside manner. He is genuinely concerned about his patients overall health. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

July 8th, 2014
miss diagnosed!
When I was first diagnosed with thyroid problems my husband found me Dr. Maheshwari. I brought in my labs from my doctor and without running his own blood test he raised my meds. After I lost my job and insurance Dr Maheshwari agreed to work with us on payments. After our first visit he decided what we agreed on wasn't enough. I kept complaining of my symptoms not getting better and he literally touched my stomach and looked at the two (2!) Zits I had on my face and told me I had PCOS. He Never ran a blood test for it and I certainly didn't have acne. He had me in every 3 months knowing I didn't have insurance and every time my thyroid was in range and my symptoms went getting better. I'm now with a new Dr. Who tested me for PCOS which I don't have! And I don't have hypothyroidism but rather hashimotos because my new doctor listened about my symptoms not improving and tested me for everything under the sun!

May 15th, 2013
Does Not Know How to Treat Hashimotos
I went to him for 8 months. I was put on Synthyroid and then after 3 months he upped the dosage. I became severely Hyperthyroid and he told me to stop the medication. A month later I was still having severe symptoms and all he told me was that the medicine should be out of my system by now. Also, he would hug me all the time, which I did not care for and I thought was totally unprofessional.

March 29th, 2012
NOT HAPPY AT ALL

October 20th, 2011
I recommend him to all my friends with thyroid issues!
He's great, and really listens! I always get in to see him right away, and recommend him to my friends!