Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Williams show details Fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Williams
by Tricia M. on Jan 20th, 2015

I am a 62-yr-old woman who has spent much of my life managing chronic conditions including fibromyalgia/chronnic fatigue syndrome, ulcerative colitis and pms and all recurrent infections due to a compromised immune system, all of which were further exacerbated through pregnancies, miscarriages, then perimenopause and now menopause. Even though I excelled at school and work, it was always a challenge to get ahead, especially financially due to illness and debilitating fatigue, which in turn has made it challenging to receive proper medical care. So, I have done a lot of research into caring for myself and living a healthy lifestyle and even finding myself providing nurses and PA's with information they didn't have about my conditions. After recently qualifying for Medical, I was referred by the PA at the Venice Family Clinic to see Dr. Hiram Williams at The Eisner Women's Center for Health in downtown LA. After decades of being frustrated I did not have confidence that I would get the help I needed. I could not have been more surprised. Not only did Dr. Williams turn out to be knowledgeable, and I mean up to date and progressive in his approach, for the treatment for menopause, including use of BHRT, but also had additional special interest and knowledge of fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, which actually makes sense to me since up to 9 times as many women have it as men and the single biggest factor that separates women from men is their hormones. Not only did Dr. Williams take the time to share his knowledge with me, but even more importantly, he took the time to listen to me, my history, questions, concerns and requests. He is very patient, thorough, understanding and kind. I don't know yet how effective my new treatment plan will be, especially since there are no known cures for my conditions. What I do know, is that I now have someone who I feel is on my side and will continue to help me move forward! I have many wealthy friends who have been able to see some of the more famous doctors who have written books on women's health, menopause and anti-aging and they are have all been favorably impressed by my reports of Dr. Williams. I understand that Dr. Williams also has his own practice outside of Eisner and I would recommend him to any woman who relates to my story. [NOTE: I wanted to be honest about my wait time but that was expected at the clinic and might not be the case at his office. However, it might also mean that Dr. Williams is taking whatever time is needed with each of his patients, in which case, it is worth the wait:)]