A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hiran Fernando:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hiran Fernando is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fernando
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fernando Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hiran Fernando, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernando graduated from Royal Free Hospital School Of Medicine, London, England. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Fernando has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Quincy Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hiran Chrishantha Fernando BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Hiran C. Fernando practice?
- Dr. Hiran Fernando has 2 office locations.
Dr. Hiran Fernando practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Providence, RI.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA.
See Providence Surgeons.