A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hiran Fernando:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hiran Fernando is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hiran Fernando, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernando graduated from Royal Free Hospital School Of Medicine, London, England. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Fernando has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Boston Medical Center
- Quincy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fernando accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hiran C. Fernando practice?
Dr. Hiran Fernando practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.