3.0

Finest GI Physician I've ever known show details Finest GI Physician I've ever known
by Gregg S. on Sep 18th, 2013

Reading a few of the previous reviews of Dr. Doshi, I find it impossible to reconcile the reviews with my experiences over the past 18 years. I have chronic Crohn's disease and had lived in multiple cities, and had seen multiple GI physicians, before moving to Raleigh in 1995. Dr. Doshi is not just an outstanding GI physician but an outstanding human being, displaying character far beyond any of my previous experiences. I have received follow-up calls from Dr. Doshi as well as visits from him while admitted in a hospital that wasn't associated...these calls and visits were on his personal time. His level of knowledge, indeed that of the entire Triangle GI practice, are far beyond what I've experienced anywhere else. I would recommend Dr. Doshi without question to anyone having GI difficulties.

Very incompetent show details Very incompetent
Sep 23rd, 2012

Doctor diagnosed a tumor, said it was contained, it was not. Did not enter the room after the colonoscopy to tell me I had cancer. Stood at the curtain and told me while I was alone.Never received any follow-up care. Terrible doctor and organization. Avoid at all costs.

Run! show details Run!
May 22nd, 2012

If your hospital or doctor mentions referring you to Dr. Doshi, RUN as fast as you can. He didn't want to treat me. My first visit with him he laughed at my condition and told me, "So with people like you, the only question is, 'How fast do you want to rip that gut out?'" He spent more time outside my exam room flirting with the good-looking drug rep than he did with me (30 min with her; 5 with me).

Feb 3rd, 2012

I have seen Dr. Doshi, my exhusband and my father. Not only is his bedside manner excelllent for paitients who have miner GI problems as well as those who have life and death problems. He is also on the cutting edge of research, and knows what the new best thing to do is, but he also stays away from new treatments that in the long run end up being taken off the market. I think he is a genius. I trust him with my life, and the life of my family.