Dr. Hisana Qamar MD Patient Reviews

January 16th, 2017
10 Stars
New doctor's office, thought I'd give it a try. Blown away by friendly staff, great doc, and almost no waiting. Hope this doc doesn't leave Vegas like all the other good ones.

December 29th, 2016
sweetest and best DR,I ever seen .she gave the time to listen every detail of my feeling and she follows up and tell me what to do. This day it's hard to get a doctor who is listening and tells you .she is the best and office to Samantha you were amazing.

October 28th, 2016
IMPRESSED
The office was the nicest looking office I have ever seen for a doctors office, the doctor was very courteous and a great bedside manner, Samantha who is at the front desk was very nice and courteous, makes the patient feel at ease. The best is that the doctors prices, are affordable when you do not have insurance.

October 19th, 2016
Great Care
Great service, great care. A rare find in Las Vegas.

May 27th, 2015
Excellent Dr.
There is nothing like having your time respected since you are paying for services. How often have you had to wait to see a doctor and then had to pay as well? Probably very often, which burns your sick leave if you are employed and on top of which, you still have to pay, as if your time is not valuable too. Dr. Qamar always respected my time and I was always seen at the time of my appointment. When they give you an appointment, it is not a suggestion but an actual appointment. I appreciate this doctor and their office management processes .

January 3rd, 2014
Fantastic and thorough
I had the pleasure of working with AND being a patient of dr. Qamars......she was so kind to all the employees and her patients loved her even more. I was sad to see her leave and def. Plan on following her as a patient to her next location!

January 27th, 2012
Great practice
A great practice. Friendly cheerful staff, knowledgeable doctor.

November 30th, 2011
A good doctor and a nice lady. Lots of manners which trickle down to her friendly staff. Comfortable (and beautiful) office. Too bad she doesn't take Medicare.

October 7th, 2011
Really like having Dr. Q on my side
She is really paying close attention to me, cares, spends time w me, answers questions. Love having her on my side.

September 13th, 2011
Great doctor.

June 10th, 2011
Great experience.

January 26th, 2011
Disappointed
This office is clean and beautiful, however, this is where my positive experience ends. Beginning with their phone tree, which gives way too many prompts, saves the very last choice to connect with an actual person. I am very in touch with my health and would like to go to the doctor once a year for an annual exam, some blododwork and to get prescriptions refilled. Of course I would visit more if I was ill, or it was neccessary. This doctor wants to see you every two to three months (for 5 minutes) and frankly, this is taking advantage of the patient's inurance and valuable time. She has a way of making you feel bad for asking for a simple prescription such as cough syrup and her conservative ideals of medicine impact your needs. If you do get through on the phone, and ask to speak with the doctor or to leave a message where you can speak with her at a different time, the receptionist will tell you the doctor does not speak to patients over the phone and that you have to make an appointment to get any questions answered. I have a difficult time getting responses to requests from the pharmacy for refills as well, even after I just had an in person appointment. I am looking for a new doctor and I plan to share my experience with those I referred her way. I have lost confidence and feel like I diagnose myself before I get there and she just listens breifly to what you tell her. Horrible customer service and follow through.
Doctor's Response

Our practice sees all kinds of patients. Most are grateful, some are difficult. Most of our healthy patients come yearly for their physicals, which is wonderful. During the year, they are seen for minor, acute issues. Patients with conditions that require ongoing prescription medications, however, are requested to visit with their doctor more frequently to monitor the conditions the medications are prescribed for. Like other family medicine practices, our practice literally has about 3,000 patients. During the course of a busy clinic day, it is extremely difficult for the doctor to leave appointments and answer patients' calls for non-emergent issues such as refills. Self-diagnosing medical conditions is also a risky business, particularly if one is not professionally trained. While internet, media, and informal literature educate the patient to a certain extent, they do not replace the years of intense medical training and experience a doctor draws upon when diagnosing and treating medical conditions. It is unfortunate that certain individuals don't agree with the above guidelines, practiced in most other doctors' offices. For the ones that do, thank you for understanding that our job (and your corresponding treatment) is made easier with your courtesy and respect, which we aim to reciprocate at every level.