Hisana Qamar, MD

MedLion
851 S Rampart Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89145
702-722-6671
Locations and availability (2)

|  Fantastic and thorough  |  show details
by Kristina on Jan 3rd, 2014

I had the pleasure of working with AND being a patient of dr. Qamars......she was so kind to all the employees and her patients loved her even more. I was sad to see her leave and def. Plan on following her as a patient to her next location!

by Shervanick on Jan 2nd, 2014

My husband and I met Dr Qamar for the first time two weeks ago. She was friendly, professional and very well informed. We did not feel like a number, as we were treated like patients with some concerns and felt like she took her time with us to listen and consider results for my husband. I have seen a few Dr.'s since moving to Las Vegas 8 years ago however, this is the first time I felt real comfortable with the Dr. and felt confident with her knowledge.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Cholesterol on Dec 10th, 2013

Only one good point, her office is clean. She likes use your insurance every 2-3 month for nothing.

|  Great practice  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2012

A great practice. Friendly cheerful staff, knowledgeable doctor.

Nov 30th, 2011

A good doctor and a nice lady. Lots of manners which trickle down to her friendly staff. Comfortable (and beautiful) office. Too bad she doesn't take Medicare.

|  Really like having Dr. Q on my side  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2011

She is really paying close attention to me, cares, spends time w me, answers questions. Love having her on my side.

Sep 13th, 2011

Great doctor.

Jun 10th, 2011

Great experience.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

This office is clean and beautiful, however, this is where my positive experience ends. Beginning with their phone tree, which gives way too many prompts, saves the very last choice to connect with an actual person. I am very in touch with my health and would like to go to the doctor once a year for an annual exam, some blododwork and to get prescriptions refilled. Of course I would visit more if I was ill, or it was neccessary. This doctor wants to see you every two to three months (for 5 minutes) and frankly, this is taking advantage of the patient's inurance and valuable time. She has a way of making you feel bad for asking for a simple prescription such as cough syrup and her conservative ideals of medicine impact your needs. If you do get through on the phone, and ask to speak with the doctor or to leave a message where you can speak with her at a different time, the receptionist will tell you the doctor does not speak to patients over the phone and that you have to make an appointment to get any questions answered. I have a difficult time getting responses to requests from the pharmacy for refills as well, even after I just had an in person appointment. I am looking for a new doctor and I plan to share my experience with those I referred her way. I have lost confidence and feel like I diagnose myself before I get there and she just listens breifly to what you tell her. Horrible customer service and follow through.

Doctor's Response

Our practice sees all kinds of patients. Most are grateful, some are difficult. Most of our healthy patients come yearly for their physicals, which is wonderful. During the year, they are seen for minor, acute issues. Patients with conditions that require ongoing prescription medications, however, are requested to visit with their doctor more frequently to monitor the conditions the medications are prescribed for. Like other family medicine practices, our practice literally has about 3,000 patients. During the course of a busy clinic day, it is extremely difficult for the doctor to leave appointments and answer patients' calls for non-emergent issues such as refills. Self-diagnosing medical conditions is also a risky business, particularly if one is not professionally trained. While internet, media, and informal literature educate the patient to a certain extent, they do not replace the years of intense medical training and experience a doctor draws upon when diagnosing and treating medical conditions. It is unfortunate that certain individuals don't agree with the above guidelines, practiced in most other doctors' offices. For the ones that do, thank you for understanding that our job (and your corresponding treatment) is made easier with your courtesy and respect, which we aim to reciprocate at every level.

Nov 16th, 2010

I went into this doctors office recently for the first time, and I had a good experience. As soon as I walked in I was greeted, and help right away. I had to wait a little, which was not long at all comparing to other offices, but it was well worth the wait. I actually felt like a doctor had to listen to what I had to say, and gave me great advice. The office environment was very pleasant and it helped because being sick you definitely want to feel as ease. I really recommend Dr. Qamar, and I really am grateful to have found such an amazing physician.

Sep 16th, 2010

Slavoj iek

|  Amazing doctor!  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2010

I have been with this doctor for several years now, and find her to be fantastic. She is very busy but her office always finds a way to get me in. I think the negative reviews here are from negative patients because she has great reputation in town. Go see this doctor! She's great!

|  She's kinda pushy  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

She's kinda pushy with her own views and doesnt really understand or respect the views of the patient, and wasn't willing to listen. I found her kind of condescending. I think our views are just not in alignment. She was also very pushy about the doctors she did or did not recommend.

|  colesterol  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2010

Her purpose to get money from insurance

Doctor's Response

Doctors have a difficult job. Most private doctors have to handle large volumes of patient issues every day. This includes patient visits, reviewing labs, calling patients, insurance paperwork, billing questions, and all the loads of running an office. Despite decades of schooling and professional education, limitations set by the insurance industry force doctors to practice medicine in ways that may not always be coherent with patient convenience. To maintain some order in an office which sees hundreds of patients each week, our practice must abide by guidelines and laws that not only benefit our office, but also the safety of our patients. We understand that our practice and policies will never please everyone, and that is not our goal. Our aim is to run an efficient, ethical medical practice based on sound standard of care in compliance with all regulations. To those who compliment our service and recognize our efforts, we say thank you. We will continue to serve you well. If we can improve our service in any way, kindly call our office to let us know how. To those who intentionally post negative statements to damage our doctors, we are sorry that you have feelings of anger towards us that could not be contained, and wish you best of health.

|  Glad to Know her  |  show details
by RG on Oct 29th, 2009

Dr. Qamar is fabulous. She really seems to care and take the time to explain what is going on with you. The wait time in the office is short and the office is clean and well kept. Dr. Qamar is very knowledgable and shows great interest in her patients.

|  Outstanding!  |  show details
by Deb on Mar 13th, 2009

I've been to a lot of doctors in the past 2-3 years and this practice really stands out. I did not feel rushed even though I'm sure I went way over the time they had set aside for me.

|  I LOVE Dr. Qamar  |  show details
by Jenna on Jan 20th, 2009

Dr Qamar is a wonderful physician. I just love going to see her. She wants to make you feel comfortable and does exactly that. She is very smart and super sweet. Her office manager, Samantha is such a pleasure to be around. They know your name when you come in, and they take time to make sure they know your problem and the steps to fix it. She is the BEST family physician I've ever had.