Dr. Hisham Alrefai MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 27th, 2016
Retired
Very smart and caring doctor

August 5th, 2016
Great doctor very personable

March 22nd, 2016
Seems to be a nugget(gold)
I never thought I would find another doctor as caring and understanding as the doctor Alrefai took over for, doctor wood. I could not have been more wrong! Dr.Alrefai has turned out to be a blessing. He's very cheerful and energetic. He appreciates when family members are present for love and support and includes them in your care. He's kind (albeit a little rushed), but that's because many people are lined up to see him. He obviously knows what he is doing, but you must be patient and have confidence he is getting to the root of your problem as quickly as time and healthcare today will allow. If you're like me, and spend hours scouring the Internet for all the possible scenarios of what can be going on with your health, he is well read and can answer any reason why or why not said scenarios fit your health history and possible issues. He's smart, never dismissive about your concerns. I've seen him 3 times in the last 2 years(but would have been more if I had been compliant). He has always remembered who I was and my preferences from the first time I ever saw him! Now that's remarkable! I seriously did NOT want to like this doctor because I LOVED Dr. Wood and felt he was genuinely irreplaceable. But even though there will never be another Dr. Wood, he could not have left us in better hands! Thank you God for blessing us with another great and caring doctor. I definitely recommend Alrefai. So far, the only negative has been his office staff. Don't judge the doctor by the people that work for him, I'm sure good help is hard to find. They will not relay messages regarding refills(even from the pharmacy) or medical records(even from other doctors offices). If it weren't for that, my experience would be A++, 5 star.

September 10th, 2015
I'll keep my thyroid thank you
He was so quick to want to have my thyroid removed and put me on thyroid hormones with out finding out what was going on first.

March 12th, 2014
polycystic ovary syndrome
I have been seeing Dr. Alrefai for about 6 months after being sent to him by my family Dr. He diagnosed me with Polycystic ovary syndrome. I have had a very difficult time these past months and did not understand what was going on with me. Dr. Alrefai has been wonderful and very thorough to find out what was going on.. I am comfortable with him and feel like he truly cares. I will cont. to see him for this syndrome.

March 13th, 2013
Doctor is great. His staff is not. I have 3 pills left, no refills and have left 3 message(s) so far and no return phone call. I agree - his staff needs more help, and he needs a nurse that will return phone calls. I'm calling my family doctor to get enough med's to run me until my next appt. I shouldn't have to do this.....but I don't know what else to do.

February 26th, 2013
He is absolutely wonderful! I see him for my thryoid cancer and the doctor I had before was more "wait and see". Dr. Alrefai is taking a much more agressive approach. He will take all the time you need for him. I don't mind if he gets behind in his appointments as I know someone else is also getting the time they need. He doesn't rush you out the door. The staff however, need to greatly improve or be replaced. They don't return phone calls and can be argumentative.

October 22nd, 2012
Special Angel lady
Found the perfect & right kind of dr after almost 21 yrs. I thought I would never heal til I saw him. Did a great job helping me with my issues. Lost weight and able to keep my blood sugar under control. Still have more to complete as I'm coming along better & feeling much better. Without him, there would never be a miracle. Try him cuz he's really good dr I ever met! He can figure out the problem & fix it right for u to heal! Thanks God for my blessing in finding the right dr to help me to heal ! I would recommend him an excellent dr and would let others know so he can have more patients to take care of issues.

April 5th, 2012
Dr. Alrefai not only has fixed the first issue I went to him for, he is now working on fixing other issues that I didn't even know were related until he told me. I have recommended 3 friends to him in the 2 years I have been a patient. My previous doctor for my issue switched the dosage on my medicine in great jumps and made me question my sanity at times. My previous doctor was an award winner and on the Board of her specialty. She doesn't even compare to the expertise of Dr. Alrefai. Dr. Alrefai knows what he is doing and will answer any questions that you have and will explain the diagnosis in "normal english" not "doctor talk". The only issue I have had is Dr. Alrefai's nurse not calling in refills after I have called twice to get them.

December 1st, 2010
I Love this Doctor!!!!
After a horrid experience with another Endocrinologist, I found Doctor Alrefai! I love his practice!!! I felt comfortable and safe with him and his team. They listened and took their time answering all of my questions. When it was time he explained all of my treatment options and helped me understand what was the best treatment for me. I will continue to see this practice and if you have any need of an Endocrinologist with a heart then look no farther then Dr. Alrefai!!

August 4th, 2010
Extremely Poor Communication Skills and Staff
Staff never returns phone calls. Most of the time it is necessary to leave a message. Problem is that they never return your call.

January 22nd, 2009
good bedside manner and very friendly - staff not as friendly