A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hitesh Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hitesh Patel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hitesh Patel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Age-related vision loss (Presbyopia)
- Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Patel has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- John F Kennedy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Patel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- University Health Plan - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Healthfirst - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Hitesh K. Patel practice?
Dr. Hitesh Patel practices Ophthalmology near Edison, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Trenton, NJ and Kendall Park, NJ.
See Edison Ophthalmologists.