Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

19455 Deerfield Ave
Ste 201
Leesburg, VA 20176
703-723-3670
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Desta can be extremely rude and cares nothing for your feelings.

|  RN  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2013

Staff inconsistent, Dr. Desta. has a flat affect, poor bed side manner, and can be quite rude and arrogant. She also billed my insurance $10,000 for a simple colonoscopy. I do not recommend her as a doctor.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Roxanne on Jun 25th, 2013

Fantastic staff, and Dr. Desta was caring and sincere. Highly recommend!!

Sep 5th, 2012

My first office visit is with a N.P, so I actually never met Dr. Desta. This review is solely for rating the office visit experience. NP is fine too if it's a detailed exam..but the problem is, the exam doesn't seem detailed and the diagnosis is unclear...tests ordered seemed pretty aggressive..

May 22nd, 2012

I didn't actually get to see Dr. Desta (saw the N.P. instead), so I can't directly rate her. N.P. was very nice, but the whole visit was rather strange. They perform colonoscopies in their office (as opposed to in the hospital) which I suppose is fine, but as I was leaving I dropped my water bottle and it rolled under the chair in the exam room. I reached under to retrieve the bottle and it was disgusting. The dirt/hair/scum under there was unbelievable. I would never have a procedure performed in that office.

Apr 21st, 2011

I find Dr. Desta to be in a hurry and she doesn't seem intersted in answering her patient's questions or concerns. My PCP left message for her when I was in intense Gallbldder pain during my first trimester but she did not return her call. When I paid her a visit she hardly spent two minutes with me. Told me I need to have my GB removed and made a weird face when I told her I am pregnant. She said there is nothing she could do I should just see a surgeon. She hardly spends two minutes with patients with intense lack of courtesy.

Apr 18th, 2011

there is very little documentation kept as to office visits, requests etc. Nurses dont leave notes so that the office staff can follow through with prescriptions and referral requests. Little to no follow up and analysis of changes in lab results. I was made to believe my diagnosis was much worse than it was so if you have a complicated diagnosis it is probably best to go to a more knowledgable practice.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr. Desta and her staff are fantastic. She is caring and knowledgeable and really takes time with each patient. She and her staff follow up very timely and are very effective in what they do. They make me feel like they truly care about me personally. I highly recommend Dr. Desta.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
by jane on Mar 12th, 2010

Took excellent care of my problem. Courteous and friendly staff. Office runs well.

|  excellent physician  |  show details
by Bob on Feb 17th, 2010

Fixed my problem quickly

Feb 3rd, 2010

Doctor is nice, but his office staff is not very efficient with returning calls when you have a question or concern to speak to someone about. Also, it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get test results back (I had labwork run in late July 2009 that I STILL cannot get the nurse to give me results of.)

Jan 15th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Desta since 2005. She is an excellent doctor and very caring. Dr. Desta is proactive which I appreciate with my history. She always makes me feel comfortable during any procedure. Nothing but the utmost respect for Dr. Desta. She is the best!

|  Best Female Doc  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2010

Only and best female Gastro Doc in Loudoun. Excellent experience. Highly recommended to family and friends.

|  great care  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2009

very satisfied by my care. excellent doctor and office staff.

|  Review  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2009

1. the office staff tried to get me to see the nurse instead of dr desta on my first visit2. i inquired if they accepted my insurance for the procedure i was needing and they said yes, which turned out to be a lie and now have a huge bill to pay3. it was very difficult to get a written report of my diagnosis from dr desta and it took 3 different phone calls over a weeks period4. dr desta did not send a copy of her diagnosis to my referring physician even though i requested one