Dr. Holger Skerhut MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2016
Surgery
Dr. Skerhut perform a phenomenal surgery, I was very pleased with my outcome, no more symptoms that I experienced before the surgery. He listen to the issues of my concern.

March 30th, 2016
neuro-surgeon
Did my back surgery in 1999, I was back to work within two weeks. Wonderful doctor!!!

August 28th, 2015
mr
This guy is a quack, very rude and no compassion for the patient, he does not deserve to be called a Dr... BUTCHER is a more correct title. he did my ACDF and totally screwed me up and then had the nerve to tell my wife that the terrible pain i was having was "all in my head".. he left me totally disabled. kinda wish i new The Sopranos

November 13th, 2013
Absolutely The BEST!!!!
I was referred to Dr. Skerhut by my PCP for on going neck and shoulder pain. Dr. Skerhut explained my diagnoses and my treatment options; I felt completely at ease and well taken care of. Dr. Skerhut's staff was very considerate and understanding of my apprehensions. Since undergoing an ACDF I have been pain free and have been able to resume my daily activities. I would recommend Dr. Skerhut to anyone in need of spinal surgery!!!!

February 21st, 2013
Excellent Treatment
Being new to this area I was unable to use the neurosurgeon that had performed previous surgeries on me. I found Dr. Skerhut and found his office staff excellent. Friendly and very knowledgeable. The doctor was very friendly, spent time to discuss my problem and described the surgery he would perform. The surgery went well and I am sure I will make a great recovery. I would give my recommendation for his services to anyone and wouldn't hesitate to call upon him again should the need arise.

November 12th, 2012
In My Best Interest
Dr. Skerhut has been outstanding in my care. He took the time to explain the most likely scenario and the best/worst case scenarios of my condition. He also explained why we were going to do one procedure over the other and exactly what was going to happen. He made us feel very comfortable with having a cranitomy, not an easy task.

September 30th, 2012
Dr. Skerhut is wonderful!

September 17th, 2012
find another dr
I was misdiagnosed by dr skerhut an left disabled ,find another Dr.

August 3rd, 2012
Ha ha, funny to see how many negative comments are posted. What about the multitude of satisfied patients that unfortunately do not take the time to post their comments. I have been a long time patient of Dr. Skerhut's for many years due to my horrible spine, both neck and low back. I have sat in his office on multiple occasions listening to and seeing the great results he has done on his patient's. It has been amazing to hear their before and after stories. His frankness and humor is what has kept me trusting and going to him for years. If I was looking for a warm and fuzzy doctor I would go to my GP. Up to this point I am very pleased with Dr Skerhut and his staff and feel all the negative comments are probably from patient's seeking more than just a clear cut diagnosis and treatment. I would highly recommend Dr Skerhut as a neurosurgeon.

March 19th, 2012
Back problems
I was having a lot of back pain with pain going down my leg. It had become unberable and incapacitating. I had heard of a new procedure called The Aspen. Apparently there are only a few doctors in town that perform this procedure. Dr. Skerhut was one of them. His office was very professional and his office staff very friendly and helpful. Luckily I was a candidate for this procedure and he was able to accomodate me within two weeks for surgery. Today I am able to walk with no pain and perform most of the physical activies I did prior to my condition. I would recommend this procedure as well Dr. Holger Skerhut.

April 12th, 2011
Very Pleased.
Surprised at the negative reviews I read. Besides for the slight wait I had a very informative and helpful office visit. He took the time to answer all the questions I had for him and made me feel very comfortable in deciding to proceed with the neck fusion I urgently needed to undergo. After the surgery his office staff was very comforting and took the time to address the concerns I had after surgery. I had heard a lot about the type of surgery I needed to have done from my friends and was very nervous. Afterwards I had little if any pain and was extremely pleased with the results. Today I am still doing great and am back to work full time with no problems. Dr. Skerhut was an excellent surgeon and I was very pleased with my referral to his office. I would highly recommend him.

April 5th, 2011
Avoid this doctor at all costs
Very poor communication skills very condescending and at times just plain rude. I had neck surgery and the outcome was less than desirable I have more pain and numbness than I ever had before the surgery and I now also have incontinence. I could not afford a second opinnion at the time and should have done more research on the subject because I had the most radical treatment for my condition first without trying the several other less invasive procedures. My recommendation is get a second opinnion or just run from this greedy butcher