Pediatricians

Athens Regional Medical Center
1500 Oglethorpe Ave
Athens, GA 30606
706-549-3426
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Joke of a "doctor"  |  show details
by A.K.M. on Nov 13th, 2013

I have absolutely nothing good to say with Aldridge as a pediatrician. My baby had an ear infection at 3 months. He screamed for 3 days and they wouldn't see me. I took him to the ER and they diagnosed him. But now its in his lungs. I took him in for a follow up (thanks to the er for making that happen) and asked for eardrops to sooth his pain. You would have thought I asked for crack. She is rude and dismissive for someone who makes her house and car payments with my money. So we left. Longstreet is great and we always get in.

|  Done With Them  |  show details
by Done on Apr 16th, 2013

The office staff is mediocre at best. When a mother is worried about their child, they expect someone to care enough to answer questions without sarcasm. They also expect to get an appointment when they call with a sick child. Dr. is a bit uppity and can be dismissive at times.

|  STAFF ARE WALMART GREETERS!  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2013

I LOVE the doctors. The staff is another thing. I NEVER can get an appt unless I told them my child had sawed off her legs or something and MAYBE then I MIGHT get to see the doctor. Often times they blow me off and tell me to just give my child benedryl or if they have a temp to wait three days and call back. I WANT TO BE SEEN THE DAY I CALL!!! Even if its for nothing! No matter what I want to be seen. I feel like my chart has been flagged as "do not give appt unless absolutely necessary." My child did have a very bad bacterial infection and was brushed off as a virus. She suffered for 12 days straight and never got a call from the doctor to explain the findings. I did however get a call for the GA dept of health and safety something or other in Atlanta because the CDC has been notifified of her sickness. Ummmm???? huh??? Why was I not aware of the severity of her sickness when I have other children in the home and a BABY! I also felt that my child was dehydrated and needed to be in hospital but thank god I am not an idiot and I was able to care for her. Taking her to the ER had crossed my mind a hundred times but this office makes light of any situation and now I kick myself for listening to them and not my gut. I thank God she is better now too. Then I call this morning...I think my child has PIN WORMS! To me this seems like a pretty good reason to see the doctor. NOPE! They give me the run around AGAIN! SO now I have been waiting on a call back from the nurse since 815 this morning and it is close to two. Doctor Aldridge has always been so sweet and caring and taken the time needed to answer my questions and concerns. Dr Garrard as well. I do feel like I was scooted out of the office with my sick child as "just a virus" and go home crazy mommy she is fine when she really was not. She dropped the ball and her staff has seriously p***** me off for the last time and I will be on the search for a new pedi. Sadly.

|  Rude staff  |  show details
by Jen on Feb 19th, 2013

I just moved to the area and called to schedule a 2 month check up for my baby. The extremely rude woman who answered the phone laughed at me and told me they wouldn't accept new babies unless I had made arrangements BEFORE the baby was born!

|  Awful God-complex  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2012

She believes she knows it all, and is often wrong. This last incident was the last straw. After 6 months of fighting with her to get a good diagnosis for my son's sinus infection, I gave up and went to another pediatrician. He had Luke cleared up in a week. It should have been easy to diagnose a little sinusitis and prescribe an antibiotic, but she's stubborn and rude. I would NOT recommend her.

Feb 28th, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say.

|  terrible doctor  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

thinks she knows it all and in time can be rude. Wouldn't recommend her to my enemies. Well, to my enemies maybe I will ....

|  Dr. Aldridge  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2010

Dr. Aldridge is great with my grandchild. She is a very caring Doctor who always thinks of the child first. Great Office Staff

by David W on Dec 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I was just looking for her phone number when I saw this. You can submit a review of doctor? Wow.|Anyway, about Dr. Holly:|She is absolutely an angel sent from heaven. She is sweet, patient, caring, and very capable. I wish she were my doctor as well as my three kids'.|She has done so much for our family - well beyond the scope of this review.|You could not possibly do any better.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Jul 9th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Best Doctor around!: I have had such an awesome experience with Dr. Aldridge and her partner Dr. Garrard. They are so good with the kids and have even called after hours to make sure our kids are okay

Read Full Review at yahoo.com