Dr. Homero Sanchez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Homero Sanchez?

July 21st, 2016

Easy to talk to.

October 21st, 2015

Dr. Sanchez is a knowledgeable psychiatrist. His office contacts me to remind me of appointments and are prompt and helpful in filling my prescriptions.

January 27th, 2015

Rude Office-Assistant, Refused to Provide Appointment, instead Referred Potential Client to another Psychiatrist

I was a patient of Dr. Sanchez back in the fall of 2006, in retrospect, what struck out to me the most from my visit was the rude, condescending office assistant who happens to be his wife. I went to college from 2007 until 2012 and I had seen a psychologist via the university in 2011. I was indeed diagnosed with a disorder and I put off additional therapy due to my expensive out of state tuition rate. I am finally back in Laredo, and I wanted to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sanchez for treatment, and if his diagnosis concurred with the college psychologist, I would have asked for such diagnosis in writing so that I may provide this information to legally qualify for an emotional support animal (ESA). Upon explaining this to the office assistant (or his wife), she said that Dr. Sanchez can not provide any sort of letter, I responded that I wanted to book an appointment for treatment and to have this letter at some point (if deemed appropriate due to a mental disorder) during one of the therapy sessions. I responded to her that the National Service Animal Registry requires a note from a licensed psychiatrist confirming a mental condition in order for me to get an ESA. She reiterated that Dr. Sanchez does not provide any kind of letters and if I had looked for an other psychiatrist in Laredo, and she provided me with numbers of 2 other psychiatrists. This was a clear over-stepping of an office assistant's boundaries. Why should I be denied an appointment for consultation and therapy (regardless of acquiring this letter or not)? Is it not the doctor who decides whether to provide a letter or not? If so, it would be decided upon during a session. In short, she refused to book me, I was an all-cash patient (no insurance), and she referred me to other psychiatrists. This was very uncalled for, and wrong on her part as an office-assistant. After my experience in 2006, why did I call again Dr. Sanchez in 2015? Because the majority of the psychiatrists listed on Google are affiliated with Border Region and I would not be in compliance with their financial criterion. I attempted to contact psychologists , but the numbers were not current. In short, based on Google search, and unsuccessful phone calls to psychologists and psychiatrists, Dr. Sanchez appeared to be the only viable option. Clearly, he was not, thanks to his wife for providing me with other options, and thank God for those options. They are more price effective (for a cash only customer as myself) and have appointments available within 48 hours instead of a 6-week wait.

August 22nd, 2016