Dr. Hon Fong MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 23rd, 2015
Horrible
Tells me anything and rushes me out the office told him im n excruciating pain and he told me to take advil horrible

June 13th, 2008
A long nightmare
t's a long nightmare. I had a large ovarian cyst and was referred to Dr. Christine Lee. But Dr. Lee did not take new patients and I got referred to Dr. Hon Fong. During my initial consultation, I felt comfortable with him. He scheduled an out-patient laparoscopic surgery. Because of some complications, I ended up spending one night in the hospital. (Actually it was the attending nurses who made that decision based on my condition.) When I went back for my follow-up appointment, I was given a lecture on how much it cost the insurance company for the extra night stay. He told me that women he operated on could walk out of the hospital on their own within hours after the surgery. He made it sound like I should be blamed for the extra costs (which are covered 100% by the insurance). Since the surgery, he has repeatedly denied treatment even when I brought to his attention about other medical problems. Two months after the surgery, the pain near my ovary got intensely worse. I went back again for consultation. He was reluctant to conduct any tests. He only felt the area by his hand in a rather careless manner and refused to give me an ultrasound. He kept telling me that the pain is in my head (imaginary pain) and brushed aside my concerns. Knowing that I wasn't getting proper care from him, I switched to another ob/gyn. I was given an ultrasound and found another ovarian cyst exactly where I had my cut (less than 2 months after the surgery). The pain is real. It wasn't in my head at all. I have consulted several doctors on why I had such a rapid recurrence. One very feasible reason is--Dr. Fong didn't do a thorough job in the first place. So now, several months after the surgery, I actually was worse-off than before the surgery. The experience with Dr. Fong was frustrating, to say the least. It appears he cares about insurance company more than patients. My advice, stay away if you can!

February 18th, 2016