A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hooman Melamed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hooman Melamed is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hooman Melamed, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Melamed graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Melamed has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
- St. Vincent Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Melamed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Shield of California - 16 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Care 1st Health Plan - 4 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans