Dr. Hooman Melamed MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Beverly Hills, CA

• Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2017
Dr. Melamed is the best scoliosis surgeon out there. I had a painful 65 def scoliosis curve. I was always in pain and couldn't function anymore. I had seen 4 other spine surgeons who all wanted to 1st go through my belly and my side and then 2-3 days later go through my back. This was going to be a 3 part operation. I was very scared. I saw Dr Melamed after a coworker recommended him. He told me he can do the whole surgery from back w/ one incision! He went in detail explaining his techniques and how he does it. It all made sense. By 2 wks after surgery I was off all pain meds and now almost a yr out I couldn't have been happier. When it comes to a major surgery such as scoliosis Dr. M knows the best and is the best spine surgeon with skills to go w/ it

April 1st, 2017
Excellent and perhaps the best spine surgeon
After getting multiple opinions and everyone suggesting multilevel fusion and screws and rods, we saw Dr. Melamed and were shocked to see that he only offered a small 2 level microsurgery operation. After he explained his rationale, it made sense and I decided to go w/ him. He performed the surgery as out patient and I was home the same day and back to work in few day and it's been over one year and I couldn't have been more happier. I am doing everything pre surgery and even more. I have seen Dr. Melamed perform other very big invasive surgeries and now understand that he tells you exactly what you need and the right operation weather it's a small or big but the right operation. If you need spine surgery, you must and have to see Dr. melamed. Thank you thank you again.

January 14th, 2016
Dr. Melamed was recommended to me by a friend. I had experienced constant back pain for several years and was ready to find relief. I was fearful of back surgery but after consulting with Dr. Melamed I felt comfortable with the surgery he recommended. I would encourage anyone with chronic back to make an appointment and find relief.

December 10th, 2015
Great success story
Based on my experience with Dr. Melamed, I feel very strongly that anyone in need of low back surgery needs to talk to Dr. Melamed first before undertaking any actions in order to make a decision about treatment. I have nothing but highest regards for Dr. Melamed, his exceptional compassion and people skills, not even mentioning his high level of medical expertise and professionalism.

November 9th, 2015
kudo's for dr. melamed.
I was injured in 2011 which resulted in cervical and lumbar surgeries. The first surgeries were not effective and left me in a lot of pain. That is when I saw Dr. Melamed on the "doctors"' TV show and wanted to see if he can help me. Dr. Melamed diagnosed me with sway back syndrome that he was able to use his expertise in scoliosis to fix the problem with better hardware, better alignment and included an additional disc and rods. I am now back to work free of pain. Amazing!!! His credentials are unsurpassed. He is truly an expert in his field. He was so patient friendly and was always open and honest about the whole process. I recommend him to everyone.

August 9th, 2015
Best spine surgeon ever
Hands down Dr. Melamed is best spine surgeon ever. He did my dad's back and my Aunt's neck surgery. Both of them went home after one day and hardly took any paid mesds. He made the accurate diagnosis and then performed the perfect operation. They both have recovered really nice and have become very active. We can't thank you enough.

July 13th, 2015
best dr. ever
I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for him. he treated me better than any doctor you have been to in the past. and finally after at least seven years of constant nerve pain in both of my legs, I have been pain free since my surgery for the first time. I will only go to him for future needs, and I traveled over 2000 miles to be treated by him.

June 6th, 2015
Happy patient
I would like to thank dr. M for correcting my back I've had two surgeries to back surgeries an after another injury I've had constant nerve pain for the last three years until Dr Melamed fix my back and I am forever grateful I no longer have your pain at all

May 27th, 2015
If you need a spine surgeon Dr. Melamed is by far the best and most compassionate spine surgeon you will ever see.

May 22nd, 2015
A year ago, I went to see Dr. Melamed regarding pain in my lower back & down my legs. During my consultation, Dr. Melamed told me that he could help me. After recovering from surgery, the pain in my legs was gone. I found the doctor to be very caring & a honest person. He tells you up front what he can or can't do for you. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his services.

May 9th, 2015
Dr. Melamed and his Wonderful staff at Marina Del Rey......
I was searching for 2 years and I finally found my doctor: Dr,Hooman M. Melamed, MD, I knew when we shook hands that he would be my doctor. He was concerned only with your problems and immediately got my x-rays taken and realized that my case was serious. He was kind, compassionate and took me to look art the x-rays personally to show me why I was in so much pain. I felt so good for the first time in 10 years about getting surgery. He was so fast efficient, always letting me know what he was planning for my surgery. The day of my surgery was of course exciting and a little scary, normal to feel that way. Mind you he did a 12 hour surgery because he did reconstructive work on my back as needed. When I woke up. I had some pain but for that kind of surgery I was feeling pretty good. I was already walking with a walker to get my x-rays done, within the 2nd day in the hospital my physical therapist came in and I was walking with her around the hospital. So amazing to walk and not have that pain I felt every time I walked before the surgery. My Doctor is a true SUPER DOCTOR, and is one of "The best leading spine surgeons with international reputation for helping patients like me regain an active, pain free life. cannot believe this gift I have been given is true miracle to me. And I would recommend Dr. Hooman M. Melamed, MD FAAOS to a person who wants a caring, respectful, understanding and truly loving doctor. I could barley walk before and can do the things I did 10 years ago. I am 43 years old so extremely grateful for surgeons like Dr. Melamed. had I not met him I would have not received the same treatment by anyone else. I recommend this incredibly gifted Dr. I call 'Da Vinci', he is truly amazing Thank you Dr. Hooman Melamed, I consider you a friend and cannot truly thank you enough for what you have you done. I hope others get to have you a their Spine Doctor as well.

May 7th, 2015
Best Orthopedic Surgeon in the LA Area!
Dr. Melamed is the most awesome doctor and most skillful surgeon I have ever met. I came to see him after years of painful lower back pain. I was in such agony, I couldn’t sit, stand, bend over, arch my back or exercise. Several other “doctors” I had seen previously either put me through years of costly steroid injections, told me I was just too sensitive to pain, or claimed back surgery doesn’t work. When I saw Dr. Melamed he immediately took my problem seriously, ordered all necessary imaging tests and came to the conclusion I did need surgery. He performed my surgery at Marina Del Rey hospital (which I loved). Since my surgery couldn’t be done minimally invasive, he asked a vascular surgeon to join him as a precaution. Throughout the whole process Dr. Melamed has been a real “Mensch”, he knows how important compassion and good bedside manners are to a patient. It has now been about seven months since the surgery, and after physical therapy I am without any back pain whatsoever. Dr. Melamed gave me part of my life back. I cannot thank him enough, and highly recommend him.