Dr. Horacio Spina Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Horacio Spina?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 4th, 2015

I went to Dr Spina about 5 years ago, and he helped me so much. He was the best doctor anyone could ever ask for ! I'm better because of him ! He's a special man and Doctor.

June 23rd, 2015

Wonderful man, with all his quirks

I wish Dr Spina wasn't retiring. He is a great doctor. I had heard stories that he is the only doctor at st clair who could get the patients to stop hallucinating after surgery. He was wonderful with me, and fine tuned my medications correctly, instead of prescribing me something and shoving me out the door. It is a shame he is leaving the practice.

February 3rd, 2013

This doctor cost me my job.

I had applied for a job that is really difficult to come by. They accepted me but all I needed was for Dr. Spina to sign a piece of paper stating that I could safely operate a vehicle while on the medication that he prescribed for me. He refused to sign it saying that he doesn’t know how it effects me behind the wheel (then why did he even prescribe it in the first place?). He then said that he would have to fax it to his lawyer first. After that he told me that I would have to reschedule an appointment later and then in a very rude manner wanted me to leave because he had a phone call. Despite my urgent pleas to take care of it as soon as possible, he completely blew off faxing the paper to his lawyer until the night before my rescheduled appointment. Which was more than a week later. During the second appointment I brought my parents with me to further discuss this matter with him. We also brought documents from the studies of other researchers indicating that the medication I took had no negative effects on driving and gave them to him. He then said that he hadn’t heard anything back from his lawyer yet and told us to come back in later that afternoon. That afternoon we came back and he still hadn’t heard anything back yet. Later that night he sent me a text stating that he finally heard back and would sign the paper the next day anytime between 8:00am-12:00pm. The following morning we arrived at his office to get the paper signed but he wasn’t even there and the office was closed. After leaving a message on his cell phone we waited more than a half-hour until he finally showed up and signed the paper. After he signed it he also wrote a statement that was almost identical to the documents we gave to him about the medication! Shortly after that I was billed for the first 15 minute appointment that he tried to rush me out of, the second rescheduled appointment, the third time when we came in later that same day, and for “family counseling” because I had my parents present! Because of all of this the bill totaled out to $280.00. But by the time he finally signed the paper, the company I was hired to terminated my position because it took too long to get it signed so they hired somebody else! After I informed Dr. Spina of this and expressed my disapproval he was completely apathetic and only cared about having me pay his bill.

January 9th, 2012

He always went out of his way to make sure I was doing ok.

May 19th, 2017