A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Hossam Kandil:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Hossam Kandil is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kandil
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kandil Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Hossam Kandil, MD, PHD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Kandil graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kandil has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- UPMC McKeesport
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Hossam M Kandil MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Hossam M. Kandil practice?
- Dr. Hossam Kandil has 2 office locations.
Dr. Hossam Kandil practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Monroeville, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Gastroenterologists.