Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Worse doctor's visit, worse office staff..go elsewhere  |  show details
May 16th, 2014

Do not go to this doctor if you are expecting someone to actually care about you. The office staff is curt at best, and rude most often. the doctor is never on time and if often not even in the office during your scheduled appt. he does not like to answer questions and will brush you off when you talk about your personal medical concerns. Doctors are supposed to be your caretakers..this one, is more like an undertaker. Be advised to find another doctor.

|  Worse office experience from start to finish. Will be finding another doctor  |  show details
May 16th, 2014

|  show details
by Maria G. on Aug 20th, 2013

I wil never be returning to this place again. I needed to get a physical done last minute & decided to go here due to the positive reviews that I've read. After my experience, I can definently say those were complete BS. When it came to doing my physcial, I have never felt so rushed. I had this impression that he just wanted to get it over with as he recited questions, one after another and didnt even pause to get my answer. Even when it came to asking a question, his body language displayed irritation. I was told that it would take a couple of days to get the paperwork done and that I would receive a complimentary call. IT NEVER HAPPENED. I constantly had to call in to check on the status of my physical paper, & the receptionists kept telling me that he was getting to it and that they'd call me at the end of the day. Mind you, this happened two days in a row. I eventually got fed up and went to the office to get some clarification in person. Long story short, a week and half has passed, and nothing had been filled out in my physical paperwork. Ive constantly been lied to and told that it was getting done just so they can end the phone conversation. The receptionist are disrespectful and constantly just told me to sit down and wait whenever I wanted to voice a concern. In the end. I ended up going to Doctors Express, where a wonderful doctor, Dr. Black, took his time with the physcial as well as did the paperwork as I was there. Literally only took 15 min. While the receptionists at Dr. OSKUYIANS had the nerve to tell me tjay I didnt give him enough time. A week and half isn't enough time? Do not go here unless you want to have your time wasted get lied to and disrespected. Clearly, this man isnt in the field to help people out. Its all about the money he can make per appointment. The quality of care and attentiveness is not there.

|  Beware medicare users  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

My husband and I are retired and travel a great deal. When my prescriptions approached renewal I contacted my previous doctor in Virginia dr. Oskuiyan and made an appointment. I would not be returning to Texas until October and needed medications renewed to last at least until then. On the 17th day of May 2013 I arrived at the office of Dr. Oskuiyan , 1978 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, Virginia 22191 for my scheduled 3:45 appointment. I signed in and provided my medicare card (parts A &B)' my part D &F card, of which they made a copy. Prior to my appointment I had called and provided all my info verifying that the doctor accepted medicare. I was told that there were no problems . "Just bring your cards and your Texas address".(my parts d and e are at my Texas location) After a short while the office staff called me into the area that contained the staff and told that there was a problem and because my medicare was in Texas I would have to pay a fee of $ 75 to see the doctor. And that medicare never paid them and that they couldn't go across state lines. I left the office and went to my truck with my husband to call medicare. My phone call resulted in my finding out that the doctor should not encounter any difficulties under my plans. I returned to the lobby of the physician. Informed the staff personal that they were wrong according to medicare. I ask that they call medicare and returned to the lobby. The staff person came to me again a few minutes later and told me that medicare was just running them around and I will indeed have to pay in order to see the doctor if I wanted my prescriptions refilled. She vanished again when I protested only to return and to tell me that they had decided to just renew my scripts and they would call them into my Walmart. And I should get another doctor in Texas. When I ask if they could make a copy of my records they said that would be $ 35. I told them I would let them know. Then I was told that it would have to be cash or money order only since I was not going to be in the area. I left the office. It is my beliefs that the doctor and related staff member were just trying to get me to pay extra mones. I refused ! After all Medicare says my card is good nationwide. But not when it comes to this doctor.

|  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

This is an excellent doctor. Plus his staff is very attentive and understanding.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2010

I eneded up having to go to the doctor's office twice because he didn't take the time to thoroughly look me over. And when I had to go back, he was a bit inpatient with me. This wasn't my first time seeing him. I generally only need to go to the doctor once a year for my annual check-ups and I couldn't remember the doctor that I had really liked a few years before since my insurance had changed a few times because of new jobs. Once my rushed appointment was over, I immediately realized this was the doctor I didn't want to use again.

|  Dr. Oskuiyan is a caring and intuitive doctor  |  show details
by ANN W WHITE on Apr 16th, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Oskuiyan since 1998. He was the first to accurately diagnose my MS, the first to insist I be active in maintaining and participating in my health care. He is well trained and and constantly researches areas that are specific to each patients needs. If you have to wait a bit for him to finish hospital rounds, it is well worth the wait. He uses every tool at his disposal to make life better for his patients. I admire him and will continue to utilize him as my primary physician.