Dr. Houshang Aminian MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Phoenix, AZ

3.2

March 19th, 2016
12 years
I've been going to Dr. Aminian for 12 years, now. He has always spent time with me and cared about how I was doing in school and what not. It took a few years, but we have the perfect medication and dosage. Dr. Aminian helped me to be able to be where I am today.

July 28th, 2015
Dr. Death
My son was misdiagnosed, mistreated. My son is dead now.

April 16th, 2014
Dr. Aminian - a truly caring Psychiatrist
I have been seeing Dr. Aminian in excess of 5 years. Upon my initial visit I was diagnosed with PTSD. Dr. Aminian was extremely professional, empathetic and throughout the years has helped me immensely. I have never been asked for a credit card number nor dunned for money. My respect and admiration for this Physician is above reproach as he has always treated me with respect, listened to my concerns with patience and understanding. I highly recommend Dr. Aminian to anyone that is seeking a Physician/Psychiatrist to help them through difficult times as he has demonstrated in my experience.

January 16th, 2014
Most interested in financials, not patient care. Spends little time (less than 5 minutes) in office visit on understanding, but finds time (in that 5 min) to ask when bill will be paid. Revolving door of patients in and out to get their Rx, not a true physician support experience. Rude and argumentative.

September 24th, 2013
Done with Dr. Aminian
I had been seeing Dr. Aminian for nearly 4 years for depression and ptsd. On my last visit, he became frustrated with me, raising his voice and not wanting me to ask any more questions. It was awful. I felt re-traumatized. I will never go back or recommend him to anyone.

July 30th, 2013
Poor excuse for a doctor. Is so concerned about getting patients in and out of his office. I feel rushed when I saw him..very disrespectful and always interrupting me. I could never express my feelings before he would talk. Very irratic behavior for someone who is supposed to be gentle with a listening ear. He even seemed mean at times.

February 15th, 2013
Skilled MD
Dr. Aminian has been treating my son and I for over two years. He takes an interest in our immediate condition as well as our overall well-being. I fully trust him with my son's and my well being.

August 6th, 2011
Horrible Dr.
I will never again go to see this unsympathetic excuse for a Dr. All he cared about is lining his pocket book. He schedule appointments one after another, and does not provide any leeway in case of traffic and such. He didn't care how I was/felt, and never asked how situations in my life were going. Heck, he never asked if medication was working, just presumed it was, and would begin writing another script. I would provide my own information without him asking, and he wouldn't even look up from his script pad while I talked to him. He gave me a hard time once due to a scheduling situation, to the point that I began crying at my psychiatry appointment! He told me I was wasting his time and making his next patients late, not even asking me why I was late and what happened. Going to him made me so nervous, and I would always have high blood pressure in his office. At home, its always normal.

September 30th, 2010
Terrible, Calling Dr Arrogant
Went to back in 2008 when I was suicidal, had major additude when I told him taken medicine he wanted to prescribe and it had not been affective.Note: His practice requires you to provide your credit card number before you schedule an appointment

March 26th, 2009
Fed up with disrespectful doctors...

March 26th, 2009
Unfeeling, presumptive, arrogant leech.

March 26th, 2009
Unfeeling, presumptive, arrogant leech.
Very unwilling to communicate respectfully; doctor constantly interrupts patient even after asking for patient's thoughts/reflections, doctor dismisses patient's feedback without offering an acceptable explanation as to why he is blatantly ignoring the patient, doctor faults patient automatically when there is a difference of opinion, doctor is excessively impatient, and doctor does not seem genuinely concerned about anything other than lining his own pocket.