A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Alt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Alt is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alt
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Alt Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Alt, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Breast Cancer
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alt graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Alt has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Northshore University Healthsystem
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Lang Alt MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Howard L. Alt practice?
- Dr. Howard Alt has 1 office location.
Dr. Howard Alt practices Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.