A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Howard Alt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Howard Alt is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Alt
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Alt Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Howard Alt, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Breast Cancer
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Oophoritis (Ovary inflammation)
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Alt graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Alt has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Northshore University Healthsystem
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Howard Lang Alt MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Howard L. Alt practice?
- Dr. Howard Alt has 1 office location.
Dr. Howard Alt practices Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.